Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there a way to give away systems to a vassal that don't have colonized planets on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's something about destroying your own mining station just to rebuild them to achieve my current democratic mandate that feels totally right.
I can totally see that being a thing in real life.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm having problems with transitioning into mid-game in this new system. Anyone has any advice on that?

What am supposed to do with the administrative cap? It seems criminally low and there are very few ways to increase it as far as I can see.

How do I organize my sectors in this new system? I used to shuffle off fully developed planets into their own sectors before but now you can't actually change sectors and I have no idea what the sector AI does and I don't really want to constantly watch 15 planets' build queue at once.

Also what does the sector AI build now? Does it build and upgrade buildings? Does it build districts? Can I turn it on and just forget about fodder planets or will I still have to watch them?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What kind of empire would be best to play if I wanna try playing very "tall" and "narrow"? With only a few of dozen of systems at most.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Splicer posted:

What UI mod are you using? It's so clean.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1623423360

Splicer posted:

Also I'm pretty sure that many people can't physically fit in your habitat

Who said anything about keeping them inside. There's plenty of room outside too. I don't think my drones will mind if their food will come to them pre-frozen.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just built 1/2/4/8 ratio fleets of whatever the Auto-Designer gives and it seemed to work fine.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Weren't you the guy who modded his game to be slower and then complained that everything takes too long while refusing to remove the mods?

Or am I mixing you up with some other bad opinions poster?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm always swimming in energy and always short on minerals until I start mining those black holes.
Apparently that's a special way to gently caress up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My auto explore keeps breaking, science ships just say that they can't find any unexplored syats despite being next to one, somewhere around early midgame and I can't figure out why.

I'm barely using any gameplay mods and none of them should have an effect on the map or ships or anything else related. It's really annoying.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gort posted:

Screenshot the map and your mod list

Manually designating all the Survey targets works no issues.

Only top 4 mods alter the checksum. Even disabling ALL the mods didn't solve the issue.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Vanilla Stellaris already has gacha mechanics (research, leaders) so Stellaris mobile isn't that much of a stretch.

I unveiled that 8-star legendary scientist earlier today and it was totally sick, bro.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

All of that looks too good to be true. It's gonna be a Switch version or a Mobile version or a Stellaris spin-off game, and you know it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More like, Smallaris.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Useless pops? More like

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1184091635702997000

That's definitely a spin-off game considering the version number.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bholder posted:

https://galaxycommand.stellaris.com/

What do you know, it is Stellaris mobile.

:catstare:

They better announce something good for Stellaris PC at PDXCon or else I'm gonna set my Blorg plushie on fire.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

~ RecordScratch.wav ~

Lemme stop you right there...

Those are macrotransactions. :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tormented posted:

Wait! Wiz died?

Clearly assassinated by the Antifa for being a chudlord.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah realistically Moresgard is not likely a fascist himself, he seems like your run of the mill dumb center right white european who is easily suckered by fascists using decorum as a defense against opposition for their abominable political goals.

He should still probably not be signal boosting fascists tho.

loving European Whitey, amrite guys?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Personally, I'm extremely not into the idea of static grand strategy maps, which is the main reason why I could never get into the other paradox games. The main thing I like about Stellaris is that it's a 4X game that uses some of the neat things from the grand strategy genre.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Guilliman posted:

(may be fake)

Playing Federation Builders is my favorite thing in Stellaris so I already forgotten about the mobile game? Mobile what? Just take my money.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Most outrageous post in the entire thread tbh.

Don't kinkshame me :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There are dozens of us. DOZENS!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's a Halloween sale coming up any day now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Broke: rapidly expand while managing your military so you can quickly grow and expand without worrying about your neighbors being able to stop you until your growth outpaces everyone and you become a galaxy superpower.
Woke:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You can play the game properly OR you can create a big federation and have the game be played for you.

Incidentally, the 2300 just barely started and this campaign is basically over already without me having to do anything really

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

StarNet mod makes AI act like it should in the normal game. It actually DOES STUFF.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there a good mod that adds higher level technologies but without changing the game too much?
I often play with a lot of focus on research which results in me getting to endless techs way earlier and those are extremely boring.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

One of the members of my federation declared war on a third party that was a tributary to another member of our federation, so the rest of the federation was forced into defending the federation from being attacked by our federation, creating a war between my federation and my federation.

I don't use any mods that change game mechanics so I'm pretty sure it's a vanilla bug (unless StarNet changes war mechanics somehow).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

Can you actually fight anyone?

Yes, the war was split to Primary Attacker Federation Member vs All Other Federation Members.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Afaik Ethics Attraction doesn't do anything meaningful because the base chance of a pop changing it's ethics is so low that it basically never happens anyways. No matter how much you try to force it.

I can only imagine that your new grown pops are created as authoritarian because of something that is happening in your empire. Not sure what thing causes the pops to become specifically authoritarian though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there a mod that makes random generated empire names less stupid and more memorable? Alternatively a mod that lets you rename AI empires mid-match?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Antillie posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1314848686

Its at least a reasonable fix. If only by drowning out the dumb random empires with interesting ones. No way to rename empires mid match as far as I know though.

Thanks, that solves my problem too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why is there no Espionage Overview menu? Managing more than one spy network is so annoying right now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There IS an espionage "overview" as it turns out it's just very stupidly placed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also wow does the Intel system nerf MegaCorps so much, especially crime syndicates.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

How much intel do I need to open a branch office? I'm kind of leaning toward the "spying makes it harder to be a megacorp" take.

Either 60 or 90, I'm not sure but I think it's the former. It's really stupid.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They never intend to make any effort into AI not being completely inept, are they_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't remember where they said it but they mentioned at some point that Become Crisis isn't balanced for multiplayer...at the same time as AI isn't being competent enough in any way to be interesting to play in singleplayer. So how am I supposed to be playing this game exactly?

The answer is "you're supposed to be buying the DLCs, not playing the game" isn't it?