Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I was very nearly late to work today because I made the mistake of starting a game when I woke up. Everything is amazing, props to everyone involved in this masterpiece!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Voyager I posted:

Crush their navy harder and occupy more planets and they'll be willing to accept your domination. You won't need to occupy everything.

And thank gently caress for that.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Whoops posted to the old thread.

Literally unplayable.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

DatonKallandor posted:

They did entertain the idea that outposts would automatically and for free build up the mining and research stations in their system. That would certainly accelerate the early game by saving you a ton of minerals. And it's not like anyone would miss construction ship micro right?

That'd be especially good now that mining stations never get destroyed, they only change hands. It almost feels like whoever builds mining stations instead of just taking them from someone else is kind of a sucker.

I was actually just thinking that this would be a good way to do it. I mean, you're not going to claim a system and not eventually exploit every deposit in it, so all the system does at present is slow things down even more than building each individual outpost already does. Besides, it's weird that the Galactic Emperor or whoever has to individually order every mining base to be constructed.

I wonder if that could be modded in...

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Things are going great!

Hmm. (Not shown, a bunch of "Trade agreement canceled" and "Rivalry ended" spam).

So, something happened and every starbase/outpost, along with every ship and mining station, disappeared overnight. I'm assuming it's a mod issue somewhere (gently caress knows which one, I have a bunch), but that's interesting, to say the least. It happens around 2280.03.01 every time, reloading doesn't seem to have an effect.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 26, 2018

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Lprsti99, what size 4-spiral is that? And is that 0.75 Hyperlane density?

1000 star, and yes.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Lord Hydronium posted:

I had a weird thing where I suddenly got a notification that my homeworld's starbase was back in my hands, and when I checked, it had dropped to outpost level, the mining station around the sun had disappeared, and I now have a claim on my own home system. :confused: Everything there is entirely under my control, I wasn't at war when it happened, I don't think pirates got anywhere near there (it was well defended and deep in the center of my empire, and I didn't see any notifications)...anyone else seen this happen?

One of my other planets had a revolt and broke away just before, I'm wondering if it might have bugged and thought my homeworld was revolting for some reason.

I have no idea, but it sounds like what I ran into up the page, but... less.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

There is a displacement purge type you can use. It takes a while though, there need to be open tiles in empires accepting refugees.

Should totally be a mini crisis where you displace an empire-worth of purifiers, and a century or so later the refugees mass attempt to take over other empires, forming a bunch of new purifier nations.

I mean, really, no that would be awful, but I'm picturing the well-meaning robbits doing the galactic equivalent of stomping on a purifier spider egg sack, only to lift up their foot to realize they just unleashed thousands of baby purifiers.

(Note: I do not condone smashing spider-friend egg sacks!)

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Sylink posted:

Is there any mechanism in game to quickly cycle through the surface screens of planets so I can go upgrade them all etc without zooming in and out of the system view ?

Outliner can be used to cycle sector planets too, click on the planet icon on the left edge of the sector's entry.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

ConfusedUs posted:

You want a way to get off your homeworld eventually, and tech is probably too slow. I'm interested in trying a super migration-friendly empire to go with that start.

Oh man, that hellbird nation someone posted a while back. Perfect habitability for everyone else to come so they can be used to colonize, v.adaptable hellbirds poo poo up everyone.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
This planet overhaul looks loving amazing, Wiz & Co. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
E: misread

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
A Darkest Narrator advisor would be fuckin' :discourse: holy poo poo.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

ConfusedUs posted:

That's the Declare War announcement.

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Need me a cholo adviser.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Refit all of your ships to be weaponless, maybe? Dunno if that'll be enough to goad them into wardeccing when you're in a federation, though.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

ZypherIM posted:

I'm pretty sure his point is that you're creating new jobs that don't fit in with anything currently going on. Like that change just adds a job tax to these buildings that don't really need one.

I mean, it doesn't really make sense that a planetary shield would be running full time, does it? My overly-complex idea (so it'll fit the jobs system perfectly! :haw: I do like the bones of the update, Wiz!): I'd say give it one or two technician jobs (it is a generator, after all), but it applies a malus to your energy generation while the planet's being bombarded (probably a flat amount?)

Hell, you could make it stonewall bombardment and invasion, but ramp the energy cost up over time (ruin it if energy hits zero). Gives you time to respond when your fleet is on the other side of your empire and someone attacks an important world, but you have to either deal with it, or disable the shield.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
God, messing around with mechanist and syncretic starts makes me really wish there was some automated way to resettle unemployed pops based on unworked jobs. Also let robot assembly buildings export their growth to other planets.

E: Also also a forced pop growth option that will, if not optimize for unworked jobs by species traits, then at least prioritize species that can work in the relevant caste.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 10, 2018

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

standard.deviant posted:

What does this do? I enabled this for some of my bio-trophy races but they keep growing.

Life, ahh, finds a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Noir89 posted:

Getting Cybrex as a Machine race is basically cheating lol. I am just making GBS threads out pops as a Rogue Servitor right now. On another note, is there really no way except species wide to stop bio-pop growth without also stopping robot building?

Can you not enable Population Controls under species rights?