Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Wiz posted:

Excellent thread title.

Absolutely agreed.

I loved playing as wormhole occasionally just to break up the long chain of hyperlane games, but I mean, really? It's the best option. Just adds too much to the game.

I also look forward to abandoning my save in a few days when the slew of mods that I use are updated again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Ground floor and I want to stress that I just fought my first 2.0 war and it was great

In part the reason I loved that war I just fought was because this wasn't the case. I put a listening post on my border Starfort and I was able to see a shitload of intel on my rival.

I like this.

I'm gearing up for my first real war here, haven't seen the listening post at all yet, but keep an eye out.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

The real question is, am I just blind, or are my rally points loving gone in this update?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

There's no rally points anymore because military ships can't exist except as fleet members (or traveling to a fleet), and the fleet is the rally point.

It's annoying when I just want to hit C and move my fleet back to the rally point, if I don't have to make repairs, or if where I want it, isn't the nearest port, y'know?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

I've fired up a test game (going with the dependable old UNE), and I've been enjoying myself so far. Somehow found a system with something like 40 minerals. :getin: Needless to say had a mad dash to secure it.

Sad that the tailer theme isn't included in the expansion soundtrack - will it ever be available?

I'm sure that there aren't any bad things at all waiting for you in this system. Not a single one.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh.

OH.

:ohdear:

I forgot there was a popup talking about a Crystalline Asteroid field...I thought it was talking about another system I'd been surveying at the time.

I should probably build a large fleet, shouldn't I?

:allears:

It's fun! Totally harmless! Nothing to worry about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Vermain posted:

There's also a Society tech (that I think is repeatable) that increases Command Limit.

I'm like 80% sure that I found some command limit increases in my tech tree after I got Destroyers researched.. As well, I believe there are buildings/upgrades you can make to your starbases?