Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The Warp Drive was a rotten scoundrel and Wiz did nothing wrong :colbert:

God I can’t wait to play the new patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

VirtualStranger posted:

I think the Fallen Empire generation should probably be tweaked a bit so their borders follow the hyperlanes. They often spawn with some weird borders like this:

Well once upon a time those were sensible borders but the hyperlanes were destroyed or decayed!

(you’re right though)

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Wiz I just encountered my first empire, they’re neighbors, and they are the exactly the same color as me. For the love of god

e: what the gently caress they’re Life-Seeded too

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

So I know you need Domination to be able to demand vassalization, but do you need it to be able to spin off planets you conquer as vassals? I want to kneecap these Purifiers next to me but don’t want to give up my “only Gaia Worlds and Habitats for me, thanks” gimmick.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I really wish there were separate unity and tech speed sliders. I like my tech to come in slower but unity traditions to come in at usual speed. MORE SLIDERS.

We’re gonna find you dead in a pile of sliders by next week, you’re addicted

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

So I'm trying out some combos I've not tried before to see if factions have been balanced out a little better to not allow for "trap" combos but it seems xenophobe and egalitarian are a trap combo. The egalitarian faction demands no resettlement, breeding, movement, or core-worlds population controls yet the xenophobe faction often wants the opposite.

There should be no combo of ethos picks that give mutually exclusive demands. If I'm militarist and I get some pacifist pops, sure, those are opposite ethos, but the factions that result from the official state ethos should never conflict. Egalitarian faction could be fixed by making their demands apply ONLY to pops with full citizenship. They care deeply about the basic fundamental rights of the citizen species, but xeno's aren't people so no rights are being violated by restricting their reproduction or putting them in a caste system or what not.

Am I missing something that makes xenophobe egalitarian combo play nicer with each other?

I mean the best solution would be to have factions that mixed and matched based on ethos so that you could have a xenophobe-egalitarian faction that wanted freedom for me, not for thee. Now that we’ve got FTL and terrain and all that sorted out, this is the perfect opportunity to start diving into that sort of thing for the game.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Strobe posted:

Met the Curators, got the best outcome to Improbable Ceramics, and discovered a +25% Living Metal anomaly in the space of three months. Don't even loving care that I was most of the way to Cruisers, that poo poo's getting put on hold for a few years. :allears:

Wait, there’s more than one outcome to Improbable Ceramics? I’ve only ever gotten my scientists melting down over being unable to explain it.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

How strong is the fleet that spawns in the trap 30-40 mineral system? There’s an excellent chokepoint like right past it but I’ve been holding off because I don’t want to get in over my head.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Jazerus posted:

just checking here: am I the only person really skeeved out by the fact that egalitarian empires can use Deep Space Black Sites without even a peep from the egalitarian faction?

Thinking about basically every Western government, it makes perfect sense to me.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

The happiness penalty for active terraforming is silly and bad. It should only be a penalty for species where the new planet class is less habitable for them. "Arg, I'm so upset that this dry desert planet is slowly becoming cooler and wetter and generally more comfortable! I'm going to be extra mad about things getting better on top of already being mad its too hot until the planet is officially perfect!"

Then again planet classes should be abandoned and instead have gravity, temperature, and water be slider-like values you can nudge around over time with terraforming techs to match your species preferred slider preferences.

Baronjutter, please sit down. This is a slider intervention. All of your friends in the Stellaris thread are all really worried about you, do you understand?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

Wait, are we losing tiles on Tuesday, or is that a 'way later down the line' feature?

I’d be very surprised if we get this before next year.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

uh did you mean amazon robots or Amazon robots

ALL HAIL FEMPUTER

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Just call it H.A.R.M and be done with it.

Make sure your only corvette design is a Little Red Corvette!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Tercio posted:

EUIV went to poo poo the moment Wiz went away so I expect the same thing to happen here.

It’s not like Johan is taking over Stellaris

yet