Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
The Surviving Mars expansion just came out!
I don't have nearly as much free time as I would need to play either it or Stellaris as much as I want as is.
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Splicer posted:

How is it as a game? I ended up passing because I wasn't liking the faux-60s aesthetic.
It's a lot better now than at launch. Being paradox published it's got a number of good free updates.

Very good with scaling difficulty, so if you want it to just be a chill city builder on Mars it can be, or you can crank the difficulty up to 500% and watch your little colony die as it runs out of every important resource at once.

Anyway, here's the thread for it. Probably better to ask in there.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Speaking of warscores and diplo, was Federations the big DIPLOMACY dlc? Or are we still waiting on fixing the diplo system.

Yes and also yes. :v:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Incredibly thoughtful of paradox to make a DLC tailored exactly to my tastes tbh.

I wonder if the per planet penalty on the virtual ascension is including or excluding the homeworld.
In any case, that might be real fun with Ocean Paradise, or a single ring world.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Firebert posted:

It probably would be too similar to rogue servitors, just with a hell of a lot less mandatory pampering and more dystopian autocracy
With driven assimilators getting the choice between limited individuality and complete conformity, it'd be great for something similar for rogue servitors letting you pick between mandatory pampering and Friend Computer

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Everything in that devlog sounds rad as hell.
My last two games I've had an anomaly/event put 10 physics on a pulsar. Slapping a Dyson swarm around that for 300 physics output sounds juicy as hell, if possible. The post excludes black holes and neutron stars, so it should work, right

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Ah yeah fair enough.

The perfect little extra surprise for this update would be a new colossus weapon that that turns a planet into a molten world. The idea of melting a hostile homeworld then strip mining their system with an arc furnace is :allears: to me.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Dyson swarm is going to be the only way to get to a full Dyson sphere.
I'm guessing that means the current first step of a Dyson sphere construction, the framework, is going to be removed entirely.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

It's annoying, but not a dealbreaker. Just means I have to occasionally rename some fleets to unfuck it.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

You'd think a Lord High Admiral would count as a valid head of the navy, but nope, gotta have the regular defense minister for that or be slapped by a 20% extra ship upkeep.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Splicer posted:

I still want catalytic to be food supplementing rather than replacing minerals, though a big part of that is so people stop bringing it up whenever organic ships get discussed.
Yeah, make it work like the radiothropic trait tbh. Replace 50% alloy production upkeep with food.

Speaking of, it's strange to me that the game's gotten approximately 50 DLCs and I still can't be Vorlons.
I hope that DLC when/if it comes also includes an alternative victory condition where you just gently caress off beyond the galactic rim.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Both of those new ship sets absolutely slaps, I loving love them

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

two fish posted:

What's this Season 08 option I see in the store and how does it work?

I'm going to pick up Astral Planes and Galactic Paragons while they're on sale.
It's a bundle with Machine Age and the next two DLCs, working out to a 40% (IIRC) discount.
And also a cube portrait

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

That's assuming that none of the DLC will be a dud.
Yeah it's basically Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free.
But two of them are pre-orders with only a vague outline of what they'll contain.
I still got it, because I've already bought every Stellaris DLC anyway so I might as well keep on :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Now put a cybrex mining hub on top. :getin:

Are the new modularity etc ascensions only for bio empires that turn synth, you can't take em if you start as a machine?
Modularity, virtual, and nanomachines son! are available for any machine empire.