Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sekenr posted:

reposting from old thread:

What are your guys' thoughts on early corvette war on your nearest neighbour with 2.0? How many corvettes? I just tried it with 13 and kind of feels like I need maybe 15 or so. Problem is, I think the AI will just match my fleet. Perhaps colonizing 3rd planet was a mistake and I should have traded it for more corvettes.

If you retrofit and match your poo poo to counter enemy setups, it has become quite feasible to do decently with 15-20. Haven't tested it yet, but tried going against 4 pirate marauders with 3 corvettes, which had only shields vs their kinetics and got diced without killing any. Then reloaded, outfitted them with nothing but armor and suddenly, I'm able of killing 2, making 2 retreat while having 1 of my corvettes retreat p safely.

The 50% positive and negative bonuses and penalties to lasers and kinetics when it comes to armor and shields really has made it a lot more important that you pay attention now I think.

Anyway, no wars for me yet early game, but I gotta say it's been a p cool new feeling, yoinking that extra critical system before the AI can, getting a couple yoinked in turn too and having to defensive pact up early, because you never know if that neighboring spirtualist border frictioned arse isn't gonna try something funny. So far so fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but cripes do I regret doing the Enigmatic Fortress event. First I can't seem to get the initial two quests after defeating it, and after I finally do get them and complete it via the Black Hole path, the "Fortress: Repowering" event spams even though the thing's finally been gone.

It just won't stop either! Like...I really wish I hadn't ironmanned this thing now so I could reload back to before finishing it. :(

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Kenlon posted:

I really like the fact that you now need to base multiple fleets around your empire once you start to get big. Much better than the old doomstack.

I'll second this by saying, rather funnily, I still managed to do okay over a p wide region with 3 balanced fleets for 3 regions. Still, the only reason why that is is because I went max science path and filled out all the leader slots with scientists pumping extra research + unity at planets, meaning no room for more than 3 admirals.

But cripes, do I sometimes wish I had 5 admirals for 5 fleets. :( You can still juggle them if you like but with more fleets due to the command limit that's moreso annoying than not now, so yea...good job with your assassination, coward Martin Anward. I genuinely need a solid amount of admirals now.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Splicer posted:

Oh my god this is everything I wanted and more. Crime jobs :allears: so tactile

I was genuinely surprised at just how representative this was of the issue of crime IRL. Like, this really is what it boils down to in the end in the most simplified sense - if people are unhappy and can't get what they want/need through legitimate jobs, they turn to criminal ones that leech resources off society in general. Too much of it and you're talking about a failed city/state or in this case planet. Too much of those and you can wind up running a corrupt as gently caress society in general. I'm legit excited to do a personal challenge now - persevere on the galactic scale leading a lovely, corrupt society with a 50/50 split between legit and criminal jobs lol.

These changes are just lovely so far. Make me feel very smart like Scientist Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-LOlxfF-gU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I've always liked to imagine synths relationship to not-fully conscious droids as similar to a human and their dog. As much as you want the best for the doggo and take care of them, if push comes to shove in regards to survival you're gonna chose a fellow human or yourself over that doggo.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Captain Oblivious posted:

Rogue Servitors are as dystopic as you choose to interpret your specific empire. I think that's really what it boils down to. You could just as easily argue that the Rogue Servitors DO allow organics to Do Things but that the ones who do are statistically insignificant at the Pop level.

Yea, that's what makes them so attractive to roleplay TBH. You can be the nicest roibots possible that genuinely tries to tend to organics as if they were a longtime pet you have genuine feelings for, or you can be an overbearing parent who always knows what's best for them to the point of absurdity. It's fun!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Strategic Tea posted:

*in extremely volus voice*

get
-chhhk-
in

Finally I get to RP the Volus that played the market on Illum.

Alternatively, annoy other players in MP by RPing the 'other' Volus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCwMgQRHCAo&t=2s

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 14, 2018

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

IAmTheRad posted:

One problem I have is I hear about these overhauls coming, and not want to get into the game because the overhauls are right around the corner.

Why do you do this to me, Wiz? :negative:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Bit late on this but...

Truga posted:

:staredog: jesus christ this hits incredibly close to home, make one for minerals too and it's, uh, :nms:"perfect":nms:

...it's funny how I really don't expecting anything even remotely related to a country such as mine, when I think of a far-future sci-fi setting like that of Stellaris and then :stonk:...I get reminded of the old: "Sci-fi shouldn't just predict the future, but also prevent it" axiom.