Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
If this releases close to X4's expansion I'll be in trouble. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Why can't anyone use UTC like civilised people and convert to local as needed?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yami Fenrir posted:

It DOES use a timezone for civilized people - it's 6 pm for europeans after all.

It can't be civilised until the barbaric practice of DST is abolished.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Necro Despoilers are insane. :stare:

Some numbskull empires were flooding the slave market with slaves, so I just…bought two habitats worth of them and immediately purged them into my own species.

They also get the dual benefit of having rapid breeding slave pops and using good traits on the main species. Main species growth is initially limited to 3/planet every 10 years, not counting abducted pops that get purged, but with expansion and later upgrades that's no longer an issue.

Sadly it requires a lot of resettling micro.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Torrannor posted:

Liir have always been my second favorite SotS race, I approve of this teaser.

I was about to post being finally able to play as Liir.

I will be really upset if I can't wipe out my opponents with super plagues.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

If Stellaris 3.11 doesn't get the codename "for Workgroups" I will be disappointed.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

If you haven't played in years the game is basically unrecognisable anyway.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gIMZ0WyY88

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Boring: Disable xenocompatibility
Cool: Get an X3D CPU and the fastest RAM you can find

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Poil posted:

15 years into the game, the first AI empire begs to become my vassal. 30 years into the game, the second. I know I was only playing on captain but come on! 20 corvettes is not a loving massive fleet that should make anyone bow down in submission. How hard is it to adjust the modifiers for that to be somewhat functional? Maybe get their thumbs out and wipe the drool off their keyboards and do some work. :rant:

I have a save file where a 45k grey tempest fleet just popped out of a gate in my territory. My fleet consists of 4.5k fleet power worth of corvettes. :shepface:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

They're Comte de Saint-Germain
Yes Comte de Saint-Germain
One is a genius
The other's insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Arc Forges are hilariously overpowered once they start producing alloys, but I find that it feels kind of bad to play before that point. The unity investment is quite steep and the alloy cost is quite high as well. I haven't really gotten the hang of the start yet, but the jump in power is really sudden and huge.

Perhaps as part of a nerf alloy production should be moved to the forge itself and made available at earlier stages.