Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
So, I started playing this again and I have a question. Is automation of planets good or at least good enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
drat, playing the game again after so long and I am hooked on it. I'm playing in Ironman and I already restarted 3 times, but I've been going at it. The last game I started I made some bad decisions and got vassalized, eventually declared independence and secured my borders again and then the Great Khan spawned and I tanked him as the galaxy did nothing only to eventually capitulate to him and become his satrapy (had to reform my economy because I had no food and no minerals) and then the galaxy finally kills him and now I have a system in the middle of mine that is from the Khanate (that has like 4 systems).

It's been real fun tho.

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
Some things that I wish were easier to do:

Conquering a new word and painstakingly having to go through every single species to see if anyone is not nerve stapled is a hassle. I wish there was an option that let you just nerve staple/change all of the species at once. Or at least a filter, so I don't have to read every single one.

Breaking up federations should be doable, but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Only way is through espionage, correct?

I should not have to reenable the automatic investigation of science ships, construction ships work a charm, though.

Piracy is just a goddamn waste of time, and sometimes trade routes go through the weirdest places and then you have to have your patrols just being weird too. I have 15 patrol fleets and I hate it.

By the way, the Sentry Array is (I think) bugged, because I built it and now I can't see the piracy icon on the trade route.

I took the ascension perk that gives a 50% bonus on building megastructures and +1 Megastructure, but so far I cannot build an extra one. I think I misread it, it probably meant I could build two at a time.

I've been having a blast, though.

EDIT: By the way, why can't I reorder my fleets? I want them numbered how I like (big fleets first and then the patrols), but now I cannot do this! SAD!

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023

Poil posted:

Is it at all possible to break up a federation?
Yeah it's +1 megastructure under construction at the same time.
No idea if it's possible to reorder. I haven't found it. Same with construction ships and science ships as well.

An enemy empire took control of one of my starbases and while I quickly got it back it apparently broke the trade route from it so it sent no value back to my capital until I manually reset it. :sigh:

I think that If you use espionage well enough, you can break their relations so much that some will leave the federation. I think.

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
I'd also just try and take the genocidal empire, when they get too big you'll have to fight them either way and the resulting vacuum will make you have stronger contenders, at least that's what happened in my game and I had two power blocks that I've been slowly dismantling every 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023
Piracy is just bad. Let me spend extra on protection or something, because at some point, if you have Hiper Relays everywhere, you can't even program a patrol route from point A to point B, because the AI just decides to go to X, Y AND Z for some reason.