Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

What are some of the weirder games you've done?

One of my favorites has been starting out with a totally empty galaxy, with no AI empires, just a lot of planets and pre-FTL civilizations set to the max. My empire acts as a sort of precursor, uplifting other civilizations and trying to get them ready in time to face off the crisis events. If any of them end up aggressive towards each other, I immediately invade and wipe out their entire navy. Genocidal empires get their planets exploded by a colossus. We are all friends, here. All three 25x crises are coming after 2400 and we don't have time for minor squabbles. Friends, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Speaking of expansions, the ones I'm currently missing are Galactic Paragons, Astral Planes, and First Contact.

Which of these should I get when (presumably) they'll be discounted during the next big sale?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Guilliman posted:

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exagurated.

Jokes aside, I'm not gone just on a break. I've had health issues with chronic exhaustion for the past year. Found out why and I'm getting on top of it now. Small stellaris burnout from modding hasn't helped though. Feeling way better and starting to get that stellaris urge again.

I intend to keep the mod updated for as long as possible even if I don't play much or at all future wise.

Oh poo poo, I didn't know you posted here! I really like your work, man.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

What are some ways to reduce the immense lag as mid-game hits?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Aren't there some mods that'll do it?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

When it comes to the scion origin, does your fallen empire overlord come to your defense if you're attacked?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Oh. What's the main point of scion, then? Just RP?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

What would be the best way to tackle a massive genocidal empire that has hit my doorstep? It only has a single path to me since there's a fallen empire in the way, but these guys control a quarter of the galaxy and have overwhelming fleet power compared to me.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

I haven't once tried the Toxic God origin, but I'm tempted to. What's it like and how do you build for it?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Are there any mods that will automatically build starbases for you, and/or automatically upgrade them to a certain preset? Genuinely draining having to click through doing a whole bunch at once.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

tithin posted:

This does a bunch

HELL YEAH

THANK YOU

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Is it possible to double consecrate a world, like if you border a spiritualist fallen empire and you take the consecration perk and consecrate one of their holy worlds?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Ha, yeah, it does make them like you more.

Thanks!

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

What would be the thematic, "roleplay" difference between an empire that was fanatic spiritualist, regular authoritarian, and an empire that was regular spiritualist, fanatic authoritarian?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

What is the point of Harm Relations, and how would that even look in real life?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Jack Trades posted:

Your posts suck and your penis is small.

I said Harm Relations, not Make Claims.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

What's this Season 08 option I see in the store and how does it work?

I'm going to pick up Astral Planes and Galactic Paragons while they're on sale.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

That seems like a pretty good deal, unless I'm missing something?

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Got all three along with Season 08 today and have been playing tonight. Naturally, every time I install a new mod I use the UNE default empire to test out the new features.

Astral Planes doesn't feel like it adds much yet. Just seems to be a parallel archaeology system, crossed with the relic system, in that you spend a resource to gain an effect? Feels kind of confused and maybe something they'll streamline later on. Maybe.

Galactic Paragons is actually pretty cool, but what pisses me off is the constant clicking. I don't like having a lot of leaders and then constantly getting notifications to give them a new skill point. What I've learned is to just ignore it unless the leader is on my council. They definitely need to simplify it, perhaps using a specialization system where you tell it just once what kind of leader you want.

I haven't noticed anything from First Contact yet but the origins and the idea in general all looks flavorful. My empire ended up wedged between an isolationist fallen empire and a friendly corporation that ended up being my federation partner, so I don't have any pre-FTL guinea pigs.

So, I made the UNE go down the cybernetics path. The situation system for it feels a lot cooler than the old special project. I like having all of the different RP options to dictate how my empire proceeds with what is supposed to be a major leap. Everything feels mildly broken so far but I am excited to see where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Why did I only just now discover that there's an "auto pick traits" checkbox in the Leaders pane?

That's such an obscure spot to stick it into.