Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Clanpot Shake posted:

How legit are sites like this?

I just bought it and the key was there instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Locator posted:

Hello Stellaris thread. I'm interested in this game, and it's on sale on Steam, but I'm sort of confused by the 'versions' that are available and on sale. There are several versions:

Stellaris - $15.99
Stellaris Nova Edition - $19.99
Stellaris Galaxy Edition - $27.99
Stellaris Digital Anniversary Edition (bundle) - $31.46 (Includes Stellaris, Plantoids, Leviathans, Utopia).

The OP says that Utopia is a must-have DLC and Leviathans is really good, so I'm leaning towards that last one, but the problem is that Steam doesn't actually say what the difference is between the first three options. What's in Nova & Galaxy that's not in the basic $15.99 edition. Does anyone know?

In addition I suppose I need to get the new Apocalypse DLC for $20 making this a $50 game, which isn't a showstopper, but it's not super cheap!

So just looking for advice on which of those first four options I guess, since I don't really know what's in option 2 & 3! Hopefully someone here does.

Thanks!

The Nova & Galaxy edition just has an extra race option (spiders), the soundtrack, and some story book. Buy them if you really want to, but they don't include any of the "good" DLC recommended in the op.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've been watching some youtube / streams because i've not started playing yet, and is it just me, or do ships move a fuckload faster than they used to?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there any mod that changes trader stations back to how they used to operate?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there a bug with Sectors & Energy? just loaded up a game on the beta and all of my sectors are reporting that they're producing 0 energy, and have large deficits coming out of their stock

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Arrath posted:

Have you unpaused yet? Let it run a tick and it should normalize, I've noticed the same with fleet cap.

E: ^^^ Eh, I don't bother with Size 12 planets until I'm backfilling my space, personally.

yeah, I noticed this too, but no that's not it.

it's kind of odd as that wasn't behaviour from pre 2.0

Unrelated: are there any mods that change traders behaviours back to pre 2.0? I don't really give a toss about monthly mineral income when I'm sitting on max energy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

AG3 posted:

Finally someone who understands.

missed an opportunity to say "the the game unplayable"

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

DoubleNegative posted:

My spaceport has some dummy items in its construction queue in the fleet manager. Is there any way to get rid of those? Clicking on them does nothing, and they're preventing me from reinforcing my fleets.

Yeah, this started for me earlier today.

I'm using a shitload of mods though, and just put it down to one of the mods stuffing up.

On a vaguely related concern, I'm on the beta branch and started a new game and noticed something extremely odd.

I rolled a Fanatic Purifier for the first time, intent on stomping my way around the galaxy, or vassalizing everyone I could get my hands on and... found no one. In a galaxy with 15-21 players.

It took me literally 100 in game years to start finding people, and the reason I had found no one was that none of them had left their starting system. They'd a fully developed homeworld, and star system, and starbase, they'd been teching, they just ... all decided to go for a one system challenge?

so because i knew the game was a wipe at that point, I decided to have a gently caress about, I snaked my way to the closest one, set a vassalize CB, and stomped all over him. He then immediately laid claim to a bunch of my systems (which I gave to him) and he then dutifully spread out and started colonizing them... except his science ships stayed where they were and they just did nothing after that.

So I quit the game and here I am, that's my life story, I hope you liked my TED talk.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

just started a new game - my first as a determined exterminator. Make a new sector comprised of their former holdings, and ... it's generating zero energy.

It has energy buildings - why is the sector generating zero energy, where is that energy going?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

off to a good start fam

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Wiz told me that he's reworking invasions again, and now whenever you start a ground invasion, it launches starcraft 2

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

A friend got me into SOTS1 and we were really looking forward to sots2

I never forgave him for making me spend money on it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Beefeater1980 posted:

You’re my buddy Matt and I claim my £5. Which is less than the £25 odd I tricked you into spending on SOTS2 (I’m so sorry).

I actually reinstalled SOTS2 after reading this thread. As of today it’s a bad game but not an unplayable one. The strategic game is actually figuring out how to provoke an interesting fight, because the AI isn’t much of a challenge strategically and the diplomacy is Medieval Total War 2 levels. The fights are so pretty though!

Jesus christ Matt, when did you show up here?

we need to catch up sometime

or maybe we can play SOTS1 (or maybe Stellaris? or ES? I'll let you choose)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

McSpanky posted:

The Tilemancipation Proclamation

I don't list to space hip hop

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I just got rolled by one of the robot exterminator types

he had 5k worth of corvettes extremely early on

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Any way to fix this? I have the ascension perk

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

My current game has a bunch of planets without stars... which means I can't build starbases. Any idea how to fix this?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

For tiles, I focus hard on them for my core worlds, and for maybe my first and second sector

then I stop giving a gently caress entirely. dump a fuckload of resources into sectors, and let them manage themselves.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Guilliman posted:

I got you fam, but no promises.

I wish Martin would get you, fam

a job.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Wiz, a few questions

1/ the slave market - is it possible to buy slaves, on the galactic market, as a freedom loving empire purely to free them? it could be an alternative growth source for a particular planet type?

2/ are there any plans to expand the base level of mines / energy / science buildings beyond the generic 1-5 upgrades - IE, to the same level of fallen empires? maybe as an Ascension perk?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Demiurge4 posted:

I remember years ago stumbling on an imgur archive of short stories with the over-arching theme being ‘humanity, gently caress yeah’ which is basically a collection of stories about humans being bad rear end and every other species thinking we’re loving insane. Turns out if you assume Earth isn’t an average planet but instead a hellish death world where everything is out to kill you then humans come out pretty scary to imaginary aliens. They were pretty fun reads.

Here y'go

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Came across a couple of star systems... that have no star? so I can't claim?

is this a mod thing or am I dumb? how do I claim these?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/tithinm/status/1043299283330424833

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1043462812620738561

angry drunken scotsman voicepack confirmed y'all

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I play one game a few days after release of a new patch (to give mods time to update) and then start one on the ramp up to a new patch release.

Wiz, I've asked this before but don't think I ever got an answer - I've had a few games since 2.1 launched where star systems don't have a central star, and I'm wondering if this is mod fuckery, or if this is part of the base game now?

Kinda makes making nice neat territories a pain in the rear end.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1053224528581660672

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Voyager I posted:

I'll be honest and say I'm a little worried about what happens to empires that contain pops from more than two species, since this gives you an exponential curve for the number of potential hybrid types. It seems like if you tried even a little bit to diversify you could end up with actually dozens of hybrids, all with random hodgepodges of traits, and that does not sound like something I want to try to manage even slightly.

Half-Race's won't breed with Half-races.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Skipped 1000 posts, what did I miss

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Just went to preorder the expansion and it's $30 :| isn't that a bit steep.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

ConfusedUs posted:

It's $20 on steam and everywhere else I've seen it. Or sometimes slightly less.

In US dollars, that is.

Ah yeah, steam changed to aud in my area recently. Still a bit.. eh.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

the australian pricing change is a loving debacle, basically

I haven't kept up with it at all. knew nothing of it until steam emailed me to say it had happened. fill me in?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I see the youtubers are getting pre-release keys, I hope Guiliman's getting one :colbert:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Having an odd issue where I can't seem to build any agriculture buildings so I'm at negative food and can't crawl my way otu of it.

Most mods disabled apart from Dark UI which is supposedly compatible with 2.2?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Brother Entropy posted:

buildings or districts? because the core of food creation is your agriculture districts

I have all of my blockers unlocked, I am trying to build an agri building, but have no option to do so.

How do I build districts? I thought they were tied to buildings?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ok will that clarifies that.

Where is the option to develop a district

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

jesus christ that was simple

now i can un-unemploy all my dudes.

edit; do sectors auto-create now?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

If I'm playing as a Devouring Swarm, and I take over an enemy world, how do I replace their planetary building with a Hive Nexus?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It should happen automatically but if it doesn't (as seems to be the case with primitives) delete it and a Nexus will spawn

How do I delete it? Can't replace / downgrade / disable or repair them?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

QuarkJets posted:

Are you still in the war?

Not for decades

binge crotching posted:

It's fixed in 2.2.4

Not at my pc right now. Is that a beta patch?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

binge crotching posted:

Yep. It has a bunch of nice fixes in it, highly recommended to opt in.

Not seeing 2.2.4 in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

has something changed about megastructure placement since 2.1 came out? I can place most things, except for the matter decompressor (no valid targets, even in black hole systems) or Dyson Sphere's (doesn't matter what star system, or type of star in there, it's just not a valid option to select).