Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Popular Hero owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Popular hero more like 1.33 power cores.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Popular Hero owns 4 points that becomes mine when I sell their rear end

Much better.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I feel like I go through cycles with this game. I'll have one or two sessions where I'm just wrecking house. Then I'll play five in a row where I'm convinced that I clearly no longer understand how the game actually works.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Dr. Stab posted:

Popular hero more like 1.33 power cores.

sure, if it was on a generic pilot who i didn't care about

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Popular Hero sucks when its on a pilot who's core to your strategy (Silica when he's piloting the Bomber Mechs' bomblette throwing bot so you can get up to 4 walking bombs a turn)

Popular Hero is great when it's on a generic dude or someone who's power you don't care about.

Popular Hero is hilarious when you get them on the free dude offered when you get a perfect island.

Lemony posted:

I feel like I go through cycles with this game. I'll have one or two sessions where I'm just wrecking house. Then I'll play five in a row where I'm convinced that I clearly no longer understand how the game actually works.

Ugh, I know the feeling. Rock a run or two and then you just can't get anything off of the ground.

Been trying to get the Flame Behemoths up and running and on the latest attempt I just facepalmed as they gave me the lady who gets Boost on Kill. For the Flame Behemoths: the team that basically does gently caress-all direct damage and mainly coats the map in fire.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I have a dilemma:

Camila Vera with +1 Reactor and Technician, or Archimedes with +1 Reactor and Adrenaline?

e: I wasn't paying attention and left Archimedes blocking an emerging Vek on a kill tile :gibs:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 19, 2022

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I've been going for 4-island Unfair clears. Currently on Blitzkrieg; the very first run went really well until I botched my game badly on the 4th island and lost it all. The whip mech can have some amazing turns, but then at other times is complete dead weight, unless I find a secondary utility weapon for it.

Incidentally, I should never try to do the "defend satellite launches" mission with Blitzkrieg...

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
What is happening here? The unstable mech just sometimes doesn't want to get healed with nanobots.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

What is happening here? The unstable mech just sometimes doesn't want to get healed with nanobots.

I haven't seen any bugs with the Nanobots in-game; I wonder if the testing area could have a bug related to e.g. lifegain?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Hempuli posted:

I haven't seen any bugs with the Nanobots in-game; I wonder if the testing area could have a bug related to e.g. lifegain?

This happened in game, I was just using the testing area to reproduce, because it was inconsistent.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Dr. Stab posted:

e: Never mind, just saw you did in fact have the passive equipped. No idea what the problem is.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I can't find it but on the ItB reddit someone worked that it comes down to how you confirm the attack. Double clicking on an enemy vs. hitting confirm or something like that.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I killed Kazaak with the Technician skill because I wasn't looking at a chain reaction :(

But, it forced my hand and now I have Camila with Skilled and +1 reactor, and who doesn't love Camila?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Rappaport posted:

I killed Kazaak with the Technician skill because I wasn't looking at a chain reaction :(

But, it forced my hand and now I have Camila with Skilled and +1 reactor, and who doesn't love Camila?

Camila is definitely my MVP, when the update dropped I had a Camila with IIRC close to 10 final fights on record. Abe is another strong contender but I like his style way less.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I have an Abe with Technician and Skilled. I'm not sure he can actually die.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I rolled Mafan who is Invulnerable, and gives a +1 reactor on top of his +1 reactor. Is it possible to kill him?

I guess we'll find out :getin:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I got Bethany Jones with Technician and Finisher and yeah, "can you even die?" is an actual question. Especially in the RST push mech that can re-shield itself. Kind of wastes Finisher but...immortal pushbot is immortal pushbot.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

What I have learned is that the yellow shield passive that makes it so you can't hurt your mechs, protects against freezing yourself with the freeze artillery. Which is neat and sometimes useful.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Rappaport posted:

What I have learned is that the yellow shield passive that makes it so you can't hurt your mechs, protects against freezing yourself with the freeze artillery. Which is neat and sometimes useful.

The ice mech is busted with shields. Bethany Jones in the ice mech was my cornerstone while I was grinding out the last few achievements and hidden pilots I was missing while getting ready for the update.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Got to the boss of island 3 trying for a perfect unfair run with riftwalkers. I failed, but at least i lost my skilled/adrenaline kai to make it really sting. I lost them because i had the pilot to repair after move so was going to rescue them, but they got webbed by the same blue jumper that killed kai lol. Had a 25% chance of resisting the 1 damage on boss level and didn't get it. would have been fine if I'd had the 1 extra damage from boosted kai too :(

crabrock fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 27, 2022

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I know most of you aren't PC players but wanted to post a Squad Mod I just made - the Tamed Monsters.

I've been doing sprites for other people's mods for years but this is my first, and I'm super proud of how it turned out!

You can download them here, though you'll need the latest ModLoader

**KEEPER MECH**
Stun Line - Shift Adjacent target away from their position in any direction.
* Confuse (1 Core) - Flips target attack direction
* Damage +1 (2 Core) - Attack now does 1 Damage

Vek Bait - Deploys an armored, tasty bait pod in a nearby tile to draw Vek attention - drops A.C.I.D. in its tile when destroyed.
* Pheromone Emitter (1 Core) - Bait gains an attack that force an adjacent target to consume it, moving into its square.
* A.C.I.D. Burst (2 Core) - Bait now drops A.C.I.D. in adjacent tiles on death.

**RAGING BEAST**
Raging Claws - Bats an opponent to the side with bestial strength, sending them flying and confusing them.
* High Angle (2 Core) - Gain additional range; target unit pushes adjacent squares in direction of travel on impact.
* Furious Advance (1 Core) - Move into tile vacated by thrown target unit, cracking tile left behind.

**IMPALING BEAST**
Impaling Spines - Launches a volley of razor spikes that can either damage an enemy or lay a trap for the unwary
* Barbed Spikes (2 Core) - Spikes deal 2 Damage, both on direct impact and when laid as traps.
* Spike Burst (2 Core) - On KO, drop Spikes in adjacent tiles.

**DEVOUR**
The Beasts are truly another breed. Each Beast has their ‘Repair’ button replaced with Devour, which allows them to consume an adjacent 1 HP Vek - or building! - to heal and clear status effects. This does not consume your action, allowing the Beasts to savage a group of mortally wounded Vek before or after they move - as long as it’s before they perform an attack!

**ACHIEVEMENTS**
There's three Achievements for the squad - completing all of them will unlock a pilot to be found in subsequent Time Pods!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dog Kisser posted:

I know most of you aren't PC players but wanted to post a Squad Mod I just made - the Tamed Monsters.

I've been doing sprites for other people's mods for years but this is my first, and I'm super proud of how it turned out!

You can download them here, though you'll need the latest ModLoader

**KEEPER MECH**
Stun Line - Shift Adjacent target away from their position in any direction.
* Confuse (1 Core) - Flips target attack direction
* Damage +1 (2 Core) - Attack now does 1 Damage

Vek Bait - Deploys an armored, tasty bait pod in a nearby tile to draw Vek attention - drops A.C.I.D. in its tile when destroyed.
* Pheromone Emitter (1 Core) - Bait gains an attack that force an adjacent target to consume it, moving into its square.
* A.C.I.D. Burst (2 Core) - Bait now drops A.C.I.D. in adjacent tiles on death.

**RAGING BEAST**
Raging Claws - Bats an opponent to the side with bestial strength, sending them flying and confusing them.
* High Angle (2 Core) - Gain additional range; target unit pushes adjacent squares in direction of travel on impact.
* Furious Advance (1 Core) - Move into tile vacated by thrown target unit, cracking tile left behind.

**IMPALING BEAST**
Impaling Spines - Launches a volley of razor spikes that can either damage an enemy or lay a trap for the unwary
* Barbed Spikes (2 Core) - Spikes deal 2 Damage, both on direct impact and when laid as traps.
* Spike Burst (2 Core) - On KO, drop Spikes in adjacent tiles.

**DEVOUR**
The Beasts are truly another breed. Each Beast has their ‘Repair’ button replaced with Devour, which allows them to consume an adjacent 1 HP Vek - or building! - to heal and clear status effects. This does not consume your action, allowing the Beasts to savage a group of mortally wounded Vek before or after they move - as long as it’s before they perform an attack!

**ACHIEVEMENTS**
There's three Achievements for the squad - completing all of them will unlock a pilot to be found in subsequent Time Pods!

Neat!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The vek bait and the build your own mines skills both look pretty cool

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I finally managed to beat Unfair. Using a custom squad to combine the best bits of the rusted hulks and the mist walkers is insanely strong.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Find a strange pod, it's Mafan! And he's invulnerable :eyepop:

He levels up, and gets popular :( Welcome back to the team, Rosie.

Seriously, the popular perk is such a poison pill. I've had a run where three (!) pilots got it in a row, it was madness.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Popular is such a great skill because it makes you ditch that guy you always use for this other cool guy you havent tried and some neat guns to boot.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Today I learned Conservative works with Light Tank :q:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Today I learned Conservative works with Light Tank :q:

A funny combination is Silica with Conservative, since you're usually sticking them in an artillery unit anyway, right? Just spam little buddies on turn one.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Fangz posted:

I finally managed to beat Unfair. Using a custom squad to combine the best bits of the rusted hulks and the mist walkers is insanely strong.

The Plane, the Missile Launcher and the Fog Launcher, I take it? I just did one myself using this as a guide.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fangz posted:

I just beat it with a combo of mafan in cryo launcher, lightning mech, and the swap teleporter.

I got the grid charger, bouncy artillery, and vek phermones as my subweapons, which meant i had maxed cores and grid in the 4th island store, and nothing to spend rep on.

The combo is crazy strong once it gets going. Lightning mech is best when it can vaporize large piles of enemies, and because of unfair enemy stacking i was often hitting every enemy on the map with it. Cryo mafan is OP on its own, and has good synergy for preventing friendly fire from the lightning, as well as being able to take the occasional hit.

Swap mech makes the whole thing work, it is super good for positioning and dropping enemies into pits, and also the only positioning i had for most of the run.

Also trains getting doubletapped by lightning bolts so you can't protect them with an icy coating is bullshit.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

And lol game decided to kill my favorite time traveller between missions, RIP Ultimate Lifeform, the Vek could never kill ya.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tunicate posted:

And lol game decided to kill my favorite time traveller between missions, RIP Ultimate Lifeform, the Vek could never kill ya.

.....how?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dunno. Started a new mission and it didn't have a saved time traveller. I am gonna blame netflix.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Had that happen to after trying out the secret squad. Just wiped my traveller completely.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

well yes, if you start a timeline with secret squad you don't have a time traveler to send back.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dunno if easter egg or bug, but in the latest update I saw one of those moths killed a 1 hp grasshopper with its recoil. That's normal, but the moth had a mini text box saying "And stay dead!". Then one of my pilots said "Hmm, maybe those two vek didn't like each other very much".

So i guess vek can talk now.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Tunicate posted:

Dunno if easter egg or bug, but in the latest update I saw one of those moths killed a 1 hp grasshopper with its recoil. That's normal, but the moth had a mini text box saying "And stay dead!". Then one of my pilots said "Hmm, maybe those two vek didn't like each other very much".

So i guess vek can talk now.

That's something civilians in cities can say, there probably was a city behind or above the moth.
That or the moth somehow became a city for a split-second.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I like the lore implications of Tunicate's theory better

what if the vek are actually far future evolutions of the mechs, with the secret squad eventually getting out of control, travelling back in time, and becoming the vek. just a game theory

Fangz fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

This may not be the best place to ask it, but has anyone tried the FTL Multiverse mod? If so, is it any good?