Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
oh hell yeah im buying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
making a custom squad with the first prime robot that pucnhes stuff, the smoke missile launcher mech, and the charge mech with treads just absolutely wrecks everything

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the rusting hulks loving own. just got my first 4 island victory with them. unlocked all but 1 of the default squads and theyre definitely the easiest/most intuitive

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the boss psions are obnoxious cause usually they give the grunts explode so the first turn or two its really hard killing them safely

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Aston posted:

I got my first victory on Hard. It's really not too bad as long as you keep the Vek numbers under control by blocking spawns as often as possible.

My favourite ability is Vek deal extra damage to each other (the default passive on Steel Judoka 3). With it upgraded once all vek at the same level kill each other in one hit, it's a really good way to kill the alphas with 5 hp quickly.

yeah I beat my first game that I tried on hard. booted up thinking it was gonna be insane so I used a custom squad but honestly it felt like the exact amount of challenge the game is supposed to have. slightly more spawns and more strong enemies but it didnt feel that much worse than a normal run using one of the gimpier squads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

going incredibly on tilt trying to get the 'three final battles with one pilot' achievement

make a custom squad with the starter squad punch robot, the smoke/orange themed artillery robot, and the blue treads rammer robot and put the lady that starts each mission with a shield in the rammer robot. i got a ton of the unlocks with that squad and so far its the strongest ive found. also you dont have to do them in a row just keep the same pilot in every run until you get it

• Locked thread