Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

mods please add a soundtrack of heavy breathing to this thread

yeah mods add the one gal on my thursday calls that has an earbud mic

Mad Wack posted:

i play mute whack a mole all the time on big calls, luckily skype 4 biz lets me do it - even better when the person doesn't realize they've been muted and just keeps talking to mute

talking to mute

its honestly more productive that way for most people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ADINSX posted:

I used to work at a company that had this one scrum master who would dial into every meeting with his laptop mic permanently un-muted so that every time we talked we'd get this obnoxious feedback from his computer. We would tell him, every single meeting, please keep your mic muted and he'd reply yeah yeah and sometimes do it (and sometimes it'd take a few tries on the same call).

It got to the point where he was a net negative on the project for solely this reason, going beyond the scrum master's usual impact of "an unnecessary but harmless participant"

Scrumdog Shitonare

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Mad Wack posted:

i play mute whack a mole all the time on big calls, luckily skype 4 biz lets me do it - even better when the person doesn't realize they've been muted and just keeps talking to mute

talking to mute

someone make the teleconference system where the organiser can mandate PTT for all attendees

nobody would every turn it on, but still

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I want a teleconference system that just runs every individual voice stream through a speech recognition engine and pastes the text in chat so I can keep listening to music and ignore the call

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

uberconference call is kinda okay

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

My tiny hu-mon would probably legit enjoy this. :(

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

they also make wired lightning headphones that have solid auto-muting for your mic, and it works on the system level so you get to see the Mute button blinking on and off in phone.ipa. I’ve slurped noodles during a call and nobody could tell.
these are their noise cancelling ones right? was looking at these to replace a decaying pair of Bose QC 20s, is the cancelling good?

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

eschaton posted:

so it opens it in the same embedded browser

not an improvement

you clearly havent used hipchat if you think it opening a different application to show you search results is similar to slack opening a little search result side bar in the current chat

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I’ve used both HipChat and Slack and they’re both non-native poo poo

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
applications that have no purpose without the presence of the internet seem like they have a good excuse tbh

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hipchat and slack are both equally terrible but in different ways

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hipchat may be slightly less terrible because you can host it on-prem

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bloody posted:

hipchat may be slightly less terrible because you can host it on-prem

back in the day it was bad because it went down more than your mom during bike week

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

back in the day it was bad because it went down more than your mom during bike week

i dont understand the dig here

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bloody posted:

i dont understand the dig here

" i didn't personally have a good experience therefore a good experience isn't possible"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

person hosting this meeting is sharing someone else's slides in a tiny window while they talk about them

every once and a while a sametime window covers the slides

they keep asking him to be the screen share in meetings for some reason

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Trashman posted:

these are their noise cancelling ones right? was looking at these to replace a decaying pair of Bose QC 20s, is the cancelling good?

I was on the subway and suddenly my chest felt extremely weird and it felt vaguely hard to breathe.

I looked up and a dude had rolled into the car right next to and was playing a drum solo on the bottom of a plastic bucket as hard as he could, and I didn’t hear it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

the teleconference presentation I'm in right now:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I love the idea that someone is going to sit down and watch the replay of any meeting ever.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

but they put it on the intranet! yes yes this email tells you what it was about but now you can see the c levels tell jokes! in silverlight because nobody can figure out mp4 and someone heard flash is bad now

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

I was on the subway and suddenly my chest felt extremely weird and it felt vaguely hard to breathe.

I looked up and a dude had rolled into the car right next to and was playing a drum solo on the bottom of a plastic bucket as hard as he could, and I didn’t hear it.
lol

reviews were a bit mixed but I saw one dude saying the firmware update massively improved the noise cancelling so guessing they are on par with QC20 now. only downside is I won’t be able to use them for calls on my laptop I guess.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

today i am watching the triple threat of bad mic, talks fast, mumbles

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im going to start playing dubstep over voice during disruptive meetings and then stop playing it 2 seconds later. this will happen at regular intervals and make the meetijg more productive

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:negative:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
i would pay extra money to microsoft if they just let us license skype for business instead of forcing work to use skype for business

the imminent huh
Apr 6, 2016

last week our company switched from Office 2016 to Office 365 licenses. after the upgrade on first login most of our employees found their Skype for Business contact lists completely empty. great.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

supergraphic posted:

last week our company switched from Office 2016 to Office 365 licenses. after the upgrade on first login most of our employees found their Skype for Business contact lists completely empty. great.

microsoft 365 days of service callouts

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

supergraphic posted:

were they actually contacts or just "list of people I chatted recently" because tbh that's what mine is

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

so are all the major features in teams already or is going to be in a perpetual state of half finished

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
they're using agile, yes

the imminent huh
Apr 6, 2016

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

were they actually contacts or just "list of people I chatted recently" because tbh that's what mine is

actual contact lists. and of course Outlook and Skype for Business contact lists are completely separate.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

supergraphic posted:

unironically great, yes

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

who’s ready for Cisco spark to be renamed Webex Teams later next month ?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

my favorite part of moving to office 365 is typing and having nothing show up until you click somewhere else in the document/excel

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

microsoft office 365 offline edition for workgroups 3.2b

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Minnesota Mixup posted:

my favorite part of moving to office 365 is typing and having nothing show up until you click somewhere else in the document/excel

turn off animations

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

~Coxy posted:

turn off animations

No. I paid for those

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
help this was given to me and the other directors to “help bring blockchain to COMPANY strategic planning”

please disband the blockchain team in my company it is full of beardos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Mad Wack posted:

help this was given to me and the other directors to “help bring blockchain to COMPANY strategic planning”

please disband the blockchain team in my company it is full of beardos

probably intended for that other thread about garbage fires but teleconferencing software is possibly the only thing where a blockchain couldn't make things worse

• Locked thread