Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

at my old job i was only working with people in other offices but i had to be at my office for some reason so i would just dial into meetings in the morning in my car and tell them that all the noise was skype's fault. it worked for about a year before they figured out i was actually attending our hour long stand up meetings while driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

with judicious mutes and either a good car speakerphone or headset this is still possible and convincing. its only when they ask if you can see the screenshare that it gets dicey

still, a year is impressive and probably a better use of your time for an hour long morning meeting

yeah we always had rally up on the screen share and my manager was obsessive about rearranging things during calls so it was hard to guess what they were looking at sometimes. it helped that we had a couple QA people dialing in from chennai and their office always had dogs barking and car crashes going off in the background for some reason

i'm pretty sure my manager started paying more attention after someone flushed a toilet during standup one day and forgot to mute

• Locked thread