Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Skype for Business is the garbagest tool I have ever had to use as a remote employee ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

In the last few weeks I have missed multiple conference call invites because of Skype for Business.
Every time I plug in a monitor into my laptop, Skype for Business decides that I am now doing a powerpoint presentation (why else ever need a thing plugged in your laptop or dock?), will silently mark me as busy (presenting) and hide all incoming conversations and calls only to send a notification by email like half an hour later going "you missed this one conversation!"

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Skype for Business status: I was in a call, and I finally found the option to turn off the "auto-mark me busy if I plug a monitor" in the menu, but not before accidentally hitting the 'Meet now' button right next to 'Tools'. Hitting 'Meet now' puts the call you are currently in on hold without prompt (but plays waiting music to everybody else on the other call), and then starts a conference call with only you in it while showing an error message that you're alone in there.

Brilliant features.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

my employer has multiple Microsoft surfaces in every meeting room and uses skype for business for all of them, but 99% of the use case is people emailing themselves whiteboard drawings.

all meetings almost are face to face. when I interviewed there, they tried to call me on regular skype from a surface’s skype for business and we’re amazed it wouldn’t work since they had such a great setup.

half my conference calls to this well-equipped company turn out to be done on a cellphone. at least I got decent headphones that work for all cases, but yeah. Fun times.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

MononcQc posted:

Skype for Business status: I was in a call, and I finally found the option to turn off the "auto-mark me busy if I plug a monitor" in the menu, but not before accidentally hitting the 'Meet now' button right next to 'Tools'. Hitting 'Meet now' puts the call you are currently in on hold without prompt (but plays waiting music to everybody else on the other call), and then starts a conference call with only you in it while showing an error message that you're alone in there.

Brilliant features.

Trip report: the option actually does nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

just received a Skype for business call. I pressed the little phone button to accept it, and the pop up went away. The call window never started and I just kept hearing the ringing song with no way to do anything about it.

• Locked thread