Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

I used a hardcopy whiteboard on a consulting gig once, when we filled it up someone pushed a button and the surface moved like a conveyor belt while the thermal printer below spit out a printout of its contents

it was a pretty miserable experience and of course nobody ever actually looked at the printout again
oh man these things are everywhere in the public service here. the printing is so garbage, even funnier are the newer models which are just plugged in to a normal printer. surely those were designed and sold after smartphones were a thing, who prints a copy instead of just snapping a photo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

they also make wired lightning headphones that have solid auto-muting for your mic, and it works on the system level so you get to see the Mute button blinking on and off in phone.ipa. I’ve slurped noodles during a call and nobody could tell.
these are their noise cancelling ones right? was looking at these to replace a decaying pair of Bose QC 20s, is the cancelling good?

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

I was on the subway and suddenly my chest felt extremely weird and it felt vaguely hard to breathe.

I looked up and a dude had rolled into the car right next to and was playing a drum solo on the bottom of a plastic bucket as hard as he could, and I didn’t hear it.
lol

reviews were a bit mixed but I saw one dude saying the firmware update massively improved the noise cancelling so guessing they are on par with QC20 now. only downside is I won’t be able to use them for calls on my laptop I guess.

• Locked thread