Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

webex sucks and never loving installs properly so every time i use it i have to run some lovely custom .exe, it doesn't even do the audio because our genius telecoms people changed the audio to use a separate system so now you ahve 50% of peopel dialing into the wrong number but showing on the webex

also somebody created a webex, invited the entire global IT division, maxed it out at 400 joiners for 1.5 hours and ran up like $30k in costs lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

our new chat client uses a web renderer and eats 400mb of memory doing nothing, plus is slow as gently caress when you actually try to do anything

advice to improve it is "open it in chome instead" :suicide:

e: but it's apparently going to revolutionise things because we can build BOTS BOTS BOTS!!!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

carry on then posted:

lol name and shame

It's this: https://symphony.com/

Like, it's supposed to work for external contacts as well but of course security don't allow that, so the only thing it gives us is chat rooms (which we had before but nobody used) and hash tags. I think it uses end to end encryption as well which is cool I guess?

their sales people were like "it complete replaces the need for email! Your team can just send you hash tags!" and I rolled my eyes so loving hard

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

ADINSX posted:

I used to work at a company that had this one scrum master who would dial into every meeting with his laptop mic permanently un-muted so that every time we talked we'd get this obnoxious feedback from his computer. We would tell him, every single meeting, please keep your mic muted and he'd reply yeah yeah and sometimes do it (and sometimes it'd take a few tries on the same call).

It got to the point where he was a net negative on the project for solely this reason, going beyond the scrum master's usual impact of "an unnecessary but harmless participant"

mods please add a soundtrack of heavy breathing to this thread

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

supergraphic posted:

last week our company switched from Office 2016 to Office 365 licenses. after the upgrade on first login most of our employees found their Skype for Business contact lists completely empty. great.

were they actually contacts or just "list of people I chatted recently" because tbh that's what mine is

• Locked thread