Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

supergraphic posted:

yesterday I learned, that in Skype for Business Ctrl + Enter does not insert a new line, but instead discards the written text and opens a call.

lol gently caress so thats what i pressed to make that happen

anyway does anyone use ms teams? the fucker in work whos in charge of this poo poo wants to move us to sfb because it comes with the office 365 licence so id like to at least be able to argue theres a better option by the same vendor

unless its also bad :((((

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
sorry, that should have been something like (a) or whatever the morons responsible for sfb thought was a good shortcut for an emote

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Mad Wack posted:

i use it with one project team... it is Not Good

yeah but if i paste something into the chat window, can i undo that without having to press ctrl z three times?

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
when someone sends a message, will it appear in the existing chat window or does a stupid pop up appear instead with the message only appearing 30 seconds later? or maybe not ever

god s4b is poo poo

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
hipchat also seems designed to be used primarily through a browser. since thats stupid as gently caress, I downloaded the desktop client. when you ctrl+f to find something in a chat, the search results open in a browser tab :waycool:

also its only used because the ability to create chat rooms was disabled in skype for business

pain

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

eschaton posted:

that’s because HipChat like Slack is not an application, it’s a web page, and just putting a wrapper around it to show the web page in its own process doesn’t make it any more of an application

searching for something in the slack desktop client does not open a browser tab though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

eschaton posted:

so it opens it in the same embedded browser

not an improvement

you clearly havent used hipchat if you think it opening a different application to show you search results is similar to slack opening a little search result side bar in the current chat

• Locked thread