Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bluejeans is the worst. GoToMeeting is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idr if its zoom or join.me but one of them works ok but has no volume leveling so you always get one person whos ear splittingly loud.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

is that a cisco branded polycom?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

the worst voip is all of them, but most importantly lync, the platform that uses SIP for instant messaging

sip is a good choice for IM and many chat clients of the era lync came from used sip or variants like simple. The downside to SIP is its lack of persistence which is why these days everything has moved to server side session management.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sametime is good at chat but the meetings are bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all meeting services need an option to prevent dial in

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
zoom uses loads of cpu and gpu and causes my work laptop to go nuts.

just use GoToMeeting, goddamn.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

lol gently caress so thats what i pressed to make that happen

anyway does anyone use ms teams? the fucker in work whos in charge of this poo poo wants to move us to sfb because it comes with the office 365 licence so id like to at least be able to argue theres a better option by the same vendor

unless its also bad :((((

i use teams. its definitely better than s4b but the client is in node.js so its slow and bloated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

the worst thing about outlook 365 and teams is GIPHY integration

that's actually the best thing

• Locked thread