Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Got a great piece of 8357 fanart from MonsterMomma on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MonsterMomma91/status/1014253249665302528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The only way to celebrate the new year.

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
I lack the self-control to not eat all the homemade ricotta my sister makes with a spoon. I'm only slightly better with the yogurt cheese she makes, which definitely does not last as long when she makes homemade bagels.

Have we seen any of Elliot's heart events? I seriously cannot remember a single one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that you can set down some trees in the greenhouse to get them going. Those take a while to grow, don't they?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Trees take a whole month to grow, yeah. Putting them in the greenhouse lets them produce fruit all year though, unlike just planting them outside where they only produce fruit in one season.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought only Abigail and Alex referenced the same-sex relationship?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

It's a fresh new year, so let's hunker down on finishing up the community center. And the rest of the town.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It's implied that the person just hanging out by themselves at Leah's 8 heart event is the ex she was arguing with on the phone in one of her other heart events.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's implied that the person just hanging out by themselves at Leah's 8 heart event is the ex she was arguing with on the phone in one of her other heart events.

Usually best to watch the whole video before giving corrections or info.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

figured it was worth noting but the drones update for slime rancher should be coming out soon. would have been nice if it was in earlier, but, presumably in the next couple days people will soon have little helper bees around to do stuff for them

they come with a wide variety of things you can program them to do!

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 17, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OMG (Oh My Goo) the game is adorable.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

ThornBrain posted:

Usually best to watch the whole video before giving corrections or info.

Yeah, I did feel dumb when you got to the next heart event right afterwards.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Johnny Joestar posted:

figured it was worth noting but the drones update for slime rancher should be coming out soon. would have been nice if it was in earlier, but, presumably in the next couple days people will soon have little helper bees around to do stuff for them

they come with a wide variety of things you can program them to do!

That is a seriously impressive level of graphical polish theyve done on this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm eager for drones because man, Slime Rancher really needed automation.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That is a seriously impressive level of graphical polish theyve done on this.

it's seriously to the point where it's cool and all that they're supporting the game with all these updates but i would absolutely want to support them by buying a sequel with all of this stuff in it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's seriously to the point where it's cool and all that they're supporting the game with all these updates but i would absolutely want to support them by buying a sequel with all of this stuff in it

2 Slime 2 Rancher

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

looks like the drone update actually went out today

https://steamcommunity.com/games/433340/announcements/detail/2644060501243246153

i guess they're water-powered, and need to be splashed once a day more or less to keep functioning

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe you can make them wear any outfit you have for slimes.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
The video announcing their arrival did have drones wearing shades, so it's something to look into.

They're highly useful, in that they can take anything to anywhere. Food directly to your auto-feeders? No problem. Plorts to market? Can do! Round up some chickens? Easy.

Buuuut you can only have two in one ranch expansion at a time. Making them slightly less useful, as each one can only do one task at a time.

Still, I played with them for a few hours. It was fun, setting up automatic systems to take care of the feeding of the slimes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Scalding Coffee posted:

Maybe you can make them wear any outfit you have for slimes.

there was definitely one wearing googly eyes in a gif i saw, and as also said one was wearing shades. so yeah you can use the deco pods on them.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The drones might just be the cutest things in the game. Monomi Park have outdone themselves, I didn't even know that was possible.

Now to re-arrange my entire ranch to maximise how automatable it is! Since drones can be given generic categories like "fruit" and "plorts", you can have a section with two fruit gardens, and two corrals for slimes that like those fruits, and have one drone to feed them all and one to sell all the plorts.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Except that each drone can only carry one type of plort to a destination.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Thadius posted:

Except that each drone can only carry one type of plort to a destination.

Nope, there's a general Plorts category! Though they can only carry one type at a time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So rather than assigning a specific food and slime pen you give them a logic of "carry [food] to [slimes]"?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thats what had me worry, it sounded like you would need 1 droid per action (feeding, getting plorts) per pen.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Bruceski posted:

So rather than assigning a specific food and slime pen you give them a logic of "carry [food] to [slimes]"?

Pretty much, but you need to assign a source as well. So "Take [fruit] from [gardens] to [auto-feeders]" or "take [chickens] from [on ground outside plots] to [incinerators]"

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So in Australia an 'ice-cream float' is called a Spider, so in case you were wondering what spiders taste like, they taste like that and they're loving great.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So long as you organize your slimes by "Fruit" or "Vegetable" you can have multiple gardens with different fruits feeding different pens. Because your Drones will only fill auto-feeders with the kind that's already inside them. But I really wish there was a "[GARDENS] to [FEEDERS]" option.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Slime Rancher avatars are free on PS4 if that's your thing: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2293-CUSA11587_00-AV00000000000005

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Saving the community center and quite a few love stories finally draw to a close.

(Note: Not the end of the LP. We've got about 5 more updates to go.)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Isn't Abigail implied to be the Wizard's biological daughter? I saw a video that notes that not only does Pierre worry that Abigail is not biologically related to him but the Wizard will mention that he has reason to believe one of the townsfolk is his daughter.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

That is a bit of an issue, yes.

I find it more criminal that Thorn hasn't shown off a party gordo in slime rancher yet.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Of all the catharsis I've experienced from videogames, getting to shut down Totally Not Walmart ranks up there pretty high.

Chimera-gui posted:

Isn't Abigail implied to be the Wizard's biological daughter? I saw a video that notes that not only does Pierre worry that Abigail is not biologically related to him but the Wizard will mention that he has reason to believe one of the townsfolk is his daughter.

Pierre's wife also mentions that she liked to take long walks by the wizard's tower, but Pierre got upset about it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You know what they say about a wizard's staff. :pervert:

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Poil posted:

You know what they say about a wizard's staff. :pervert:

I feel this is appropriate.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Nah, this is more appropriate. :D

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The fact that someone has actually made that into a real song enriches my life.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The post-game gets spooky.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Wait, you can take things out of the casks before iridium-tier? I removed a row of them to make room for more kegs, but waiting on that cheese and wine is kind of a pain.

And Pam does have a TV, it's on the south wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

It's the happiest Summer of 8357's life. And slimiest.