Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I think I researched it and a perfect fish catch gives a bonus to experience gain. Which is nice, but not the biggest deal really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Took all day before I could upload this due to router problems. Got it sorted though, so you all get to enjoy burns and radiation poisoning with us. Let's make nuke slimes!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Alternate title: Uranchium

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Or Your Squishy Pal Who Glows in the Dark.
And gives you bone cancer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are the names for hybrid slimes official or fan-made? And is a rock/crystal hybrid called a Geode Slime?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Bruceski posted:

Are the names for hybrid slimes official or fan-made? And is a rock/crystal hybrid called a Geode Slime?

No, a Geop Slime, when you give it its Blooming Onions, you get pun plorts.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 10, 2018

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Seeing you run around the crystal slimes without a water tank was harrowing.

I'm looking forward to the Mochi Miles patch, I'd like to see more of what makes her tick as a character. Everything in this game is so sweet, I want to see what they'll do with her.

Also more slimes or whatever.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 10, 2018

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Is it possible to move the Phosphor Slimes into the cave? Presumably you'd have to do it at night to avoid accidentally killing them.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Chimera-gui posted:

Is it possible to move the Phosphor Slimes into the cave? Presumably you'd have to do it at night to avoid accidentally killing them.

The entrance to the caves is too small for a Largo. They can do it after they get the lab, which has a bigger entrance.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Chimera-gui posted:

You could, but there's no good sense in moving a slime once you've made a pen and solar shield for them. It's just extra time and money spent. The exception may be moving puddle slimes to a farm extension we haven't seen yet that has its own built-in pond, but it's a bit too out of the way to really be useful.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Hot dang, I never knew doing those requests opened things up for you.

I stopped checking that board when Richy Rich wanted me to give her two gold plorts.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bruceski posted:

Pretty sure hybrid slimes are all called something something Largo. There's a description of what you're targeting out of the way in a corner, but it doesn't grab a lot of attention and I can't blame you for not noticing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh hell, they must have added the maps to slime rancher after i stopped playing heavily. that was always a thing the game sorely needed.

also i always really loved finding crates in the game, because something about them was nice and i enjoyed busting them open even if half the time they have practically nothing i would care for. it helps that they just keep respawning in various places every day ingame.

on a related note it looks like the nimble valley update is getting added tomorrow: http://steamcommunity.com/games/433340/announcements/detail/1658885938981053526

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Stardew Valley

A cat with a normal name? It was clearly named by someone else.
This week unlocks the meat of the game and the LP: the community center and the mines. Yay for more killing!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

As you commented, I too found that daily Luck and Luck buffs didn't appear to amount for really all THAT much, and the wiki on Luck seems to back that up.

Sample sizes of course but :shrug:

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Luck seems to affect how many ladders there are in the mines. On a great luck day I can find a ladder within only a few rocks. On a terrible luck day I have sometimes mined every rock on a mine level and not found a ladder at all.

I'm pretty sure I read that on the Stardew Valley forum or wiki? Anyways - I usually use that as a good reason to not go mining except on good or great luck days.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Luck affects quite a lot of things in the game, but the amount it affects is actually really small in most cases.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I think the way Joja works is they're more expensive on seeds/saplings, because they don't want people growing their own stuff, but cheaper on everything else. Could be wrong though, I almost never go in the place.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I believe the game reasonably expects you to be able to finish the Community Center by Summer of Year 2. The main obstacle to finishing it earlier is the fact that it wants gold crops and in spring/summer of year 1 you kind of suck generating those because of no/crappy fertilizer.

Other than that it is indeed clever use of the Weekend Gypsy Cart Mart (as I like to call it) on getting rare stuff way earlier than you can normally find it.

Quantum Toast posted:

I think the way Joja works is they're more expensive on seeds/saplings, because they don't want people growing their own stuff, but cheaper on everything else. Could be wrong though, I almost never go in the place.
Without a membership they are flat out more expensive than Pierre's inventory with the only 'benefit' being able to buy Joja Brand stuff on the 'cheap.'

With a membership their prices are equivalent and I think you can get discount coupons (given out at Pierre's, those crafty backstabbing Joja ducks) that does make them cheaper but that's an awful lot of work for Joja and I came to this valley to stop working for those ur-capitalistic crooks! :argh:

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 13, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Quantum Toast posted:

The prices turn the same as Pierre's if you go the sellout route and buy a membership. I think it's also implied that they're really cheap on stuff your character can't buy in the first place, like industrially processed foods(take a walk through Joja and check out all their shelves to see the sorts of things they stock).

Unfortunately, the way it's implemented is some serious gameplay/story non-integration, since the only advantage the player sees over Pierre is better operating hours, making you wonder how they're destroying all the small businesses in the first place.

(The real advantage to Joja is that the sellout route is much easier to complete than the community center route, but at the cost of being a corporate shill & not getting all the smaller bundle bonuses.)

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 13, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's also just way more satisfying to fill out the community center and engage with that aspect of the game since it's pretty much the intended way to go through it all.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Huh, guess they're even worse than I thought. The only reason I ever go in is to see what wallpaper/flooring they've got, and according to the wiki they sell at over double Pierre's price? :argh:

Haifisch posted:

I think it's also implied that they're really cheap on stuff your character can't buy in the first place, like industrially processed foods(take a walk through Joja and check out all their shelves to see the sorts of things they stock).
Yeah, I suppose it's either that or everyone else in town has a membership.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

By the way, the Slime Rancher update with Mochi's zone hit today. Check it out, all y'all that have the game.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
There's a slight benefit to going over to Joja as opposed to doing the community center. They completely cut out one line of quests. So if you just want to fix everything, then money is the way to go.

Of course, there's a reason less than 2% of people have the achievement for selling out.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And suddenly, it's just a wizard. Somehow that makes the sprites feel less magical, when there's somebody who's very well-informed about them already.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Glazius posted:

And suddenly, it's just a wizard. Somehow that makes the sprites feel less magical, when there's somebody who's very well-informed about them already.

Nothing like a wizard to suck all the magic out of the world.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also I like to think the wizard constantly looks down because he has to. Hes very tall.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Because of his collar or whatever, the forward-facing sprite for the wizard always looks like he's got his mouth wide open, like he's a Saturday morning cartoon character who just dropped his jaw about something really shocking

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Glazius posted:

I turned around and every goddamn Harvest Moon-ish game got resident wizards. I'm guessing it was some sort of magic union deal.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I turned around and every goddamn Harvest Moon-ish game got resident wizards. I'm guessing it was some sort of magic union deal.

Hell, even a few actual Harvest Moon games have resident wizards and witches.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

It's about fair representation. Because after all, nature is magic ergo of course you're going to have wizards, witches, goddesses, sprites, jellybean locus's (the junimo) and all sorts to balance out the modern tech that everyone takes for granted.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I always thought the Junimos looked like little apple sprite friends, personally.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

They are absolutely little apples, yes.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Lil apple pals! :kimchi:

I actually have a save file that is meant to go full sellout that I haven’t been able to touch because it feels real bad to do. I’d rather help the magical apple sprites conduct their dark rituals. :v:

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who always saw then as little dancing apples.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Slime Rancher

Delicious and dangerous. We unlock some new locations to explore, including a lovely forest with well-hidden raccoon jerks.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It took me a while when I first played to notice that the only words BOb knows are "Hello", "Chickens" and "Bob" with varying spelling.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 16, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a great change they made to the game was that you no longer have to replant crops. used to be that the plots would run for a few cycles and then peter out, needing another fruit/veggie to be shot into the receptor to start anew, but i guess the devs realized that having it run out really served no purpose other than annoyance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I found the docks veeeery useful for one particular slime. No it isn't the puddle slimes. It being isolated from the rest of the farm makes it useful for a certain.. exploratory slime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also the 'question mark' on the honey slime's picture is just the shading of its mouth, which is open and drooling a bit.