Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are the names for hybrid slimes official or fan-made? And is a rock/crystal hybrid called a Geode Slime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The instrument you're thinking of is a glass armonica. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQemvyyJ--g

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A tomato is a fruit because scientifically speaking "vegetable" is any plant. It's colloquially a culinary term, and rather arbitrarily means "some parts of plants that we eat but not other parts of plants that we eat". An avocado is a berry, but I wouldn't want to try avocado jam.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kobanya posted:

On the subject of raw eggs, when I went off to church camp we always had an eating challenge. One year was just pickles and milk, but another year was the "Barbarian Blend", consisting of raw eggs, Diet Coke, grits, ketchup, mustard, and other edible foods that really shouldn't be put together. The styrofoam cups were pretty big, so only the senior managed to drink the whole thing; I drank about half of it before the people watching us just told us to forget it and move on to the next section of the relay.

Between this and asthma camp, I think it's just a law that summer camps have to be weird.

I went to Math Camp back in '99. It was pretty fun, we got classes by folks like John Conway and Serge Lang (I think I'm remembering the right people, may have met Lang a couple of years later and I think Conway was the one scheduled who had to cancel, but I'm rambling now.) Fond memories include figuring out how to play chess on different topological boards, sharing the area with Magic: the Gathering and D&D camps, learning what gringos consider "spicy" salsa (quite a shock to my NMican palate, IMO the ketchup was hotter), and all crowding into the TV room to watch the last episode of MST3K.

Yeah, summer camps are weird.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/monomipark/status/995084691991547904

Slime Rancher has the best fanart.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

OMG (Oh My Goo) the game is adorable.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's seriously to the point where it's cool and all that they're supporting the game with all these updates but i would absolutely want to support them by buying a sequel with all of this stuff in it

2 Slime 2 Rancher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So rather than assigning a specific food and slime pen you give them a logic of "carry [food] to [slimes]"?