Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Stardew Valley is great. Every NPC does tend to like Artisan goods with only one or two exceptions per good (like Penny with Beer.)

Appropriately enough, the children do not like beer (or any artisan goods but w/e). However, they're fine with getting mead, unless it was changed in a patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Slime Rancher came into my life at the right time. My job was doing this thing that drives me crazy, I was doing closing and opening shifts. I would open starting at 2 am, maybe another day of opening, then close starting at 2 pm. Then I get a day "off" and the next day its 2 am again. It wasn't really a day off though, if we are looking at 8 hours of sleep I would have to sleep as soon as I got home the closing shift at 10, and wake up at 6 am on my day off. Then sleep again at 5 pm to get 8 hours and wake up at 1 the next day. I would spend half my day sleeping.

Or I could do the other option, which was to simply stay awake on the closing night all the way until at least 12pm on my day off. You know, staying awake like 32 hours. No big deal. This game helped me stay awake. And the cuteness really helped with the self loathing I was experiencing.

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 4, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Gold slime day three, ok, that's pretty lucky.

Ancient seed day three!?

:stonkhat:

Yeah, jesus. Ever entered the lottery?

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that there is a bunch of redheads in Stardew. Even Haley who is supposed to be a blonde looks like a light redhead on her sprite.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I turned around and every goddamn Harvest Moon-ish game got resident wizards. I'm guessing it was some sort of magic union deal.

Hell, even a few actual Harvest Moon games have resident wizards and witches.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I found the docks veeeery useful for one particular slime. No it isn't the puddle slimes. It being isolated from the rest of the farm makes it useful for a certain.. exploratory slime.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

unless there's some mod fuckery going on i think haley is the only one it's possible to dance with at the flower dance, because her birthday is the only one that happens before it and you can get a lot of relationship with her from giving her a loved item

which, yeah, leads to a lot of people disappointed in not being able to participate unless they know this

Shane can as well, as he also has a birthday beforehand. He also likes sugar peas and of course he loves beer, good thing he is at the bar every night! I'm sure giving him a beer on his bday will get the needed hearts alone.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dreadwroth posted:

FYI Slime Rancher is on sale for $12 on Steam.

It is totally worth it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Quantum slimes are the ones I throw into the docks area, with the puddle slimes. They don't seem to be able to get themselves into the farm proper from down there.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zebrin posted:

Briar Hen

Friar Cluck :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
A game over for putting something poisonous in the soup would have been great.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its ok if you forget to feed your slimes, they just get a little unhappy :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm eager for drones because man, Slime Rancher really needed automation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thats what had me worry, it sounded like you would need 1 droid per action (feeding, getting plorts) per pen.