Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Or Your Squishy Pal Who Glows in the Dark.
And gives you bone cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait, the main artist is the guy who worked on spiral Knights? Oh poo poo he does the comic Three Panel Soul and used to make Mac Hall, I should have recognized his style.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He did some good work on the Marathon mod he worked on, but I think the files are lost to time now.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
FYI Slime Rancher is on sale for $12 on Steam.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yes it is, Ive been ranching them slimy rascals but I probably have too many stuffed into each paddock.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
As I play Slime Rancher I'm starting to think this isn't as casual and chill a game as Thorn might be portraying it, especially after you unlock the refinery. I spend 90% of my game time running around in a mild panic making sure all my idiot innmates are happy and fed, scoopin the poop, gettin poop rich, and totally ignoring the Exchange. I think my favorite slime combo is sabre/crystal ye gods those guys make some spendy poops.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fish Noise posted:

Yeah just earlier I was running around trying to do general upkeep on the ranch while being down a vac slot cuz I was carrying some slimes I was undecided on how to handle.
Started off the upkeep by harvesting some plants.
Said plants had grown back before I was 2/3 of the way done.

I think someone mentioned that the game only really actively manages your captured slimes when you are actually in the Ranch area, maybe the food consumption drops to a standby mode when you are not there?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I vote for Cardinal Bok.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh good god yes, they just made the storage useful with the new update.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's the Baba Yaga with the hut that has the legs, she flies around in a mortar and has iron teeth. You basically don't want her to catch you out at night, she likes to eat people and mount their skulls on her fence.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ive been playing the demo, man that game is good for what it is. The art direction is pretty great.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I like that the assembly manual tells you where to get the mats for things, it's a really nice QOL thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I give Ape a pass on the writing, considering how good pretty much everything else is and he made it all himeself as far as I know which is pretty impressive in general.