Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Nalesh posted:

I feel like you should be able to use the kinetic blast to knock down all the cuberries from the tree.

Also slimes are natures trash compactor.

That would make life so much easier... Honestly, getting berries from the trees is such a pain. I like that nearly every fruit and veggie is a pun after you get past carrots though.

I tend to mix a lot of things with rock slimes because Heart Beets are easy to find, and farm. Odd onions suck but eh... Though if I really want to talk about one of the most annoying fruit to get, then I will have to wait for a specific slime to appear. Bloody thing is such a pain. By the way, is the only way to get hunter slimes that aren't largo to break up the Gordo? Because that seems a bit limited. I ended up just collecting a bunch of hunter plorts and feeding them to the honey slimes. Minty Mangoes are about the same level as cuberries to grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

You don't free range largos, or more then one type of slime in the same area. Pens are for largos, free range is for keeping like, 40 pink slimes in the overgrowth ranch. Put up a pair of carrot farms to grow stuff, and the eternally spawning fruit, carrots, and chickens will feed the rest. It is so low maintenance that you literally just walk through once in a while, slimevac up everything, and fire the pinkies at one of the gardens.
I just wish that I could put the barriers that keep slimes in one area up around the entrances.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

I've pulled out plenty of Strange Diamonds. Had a hard time getting Royal Jelly until I stuck my apiaries in one particular zone.
Lava Dust.... Lava Dust is my bane.

Also agree that while Ogden's stuff is more useful (FARMS) but Mochi's worth doing. Mochi's stuff takes you like, 3 in-game hours to do tops and it's pretty fun to do. Getting a full tank of Kooka's for Ogden can take an entire in game day sometimes.

Of course, then Thorn lucks out and get's a Lava Dust right off the bat and like, 4 kooka balls one after the other. I've run around there plenty and have a hard time finding just 1.

Edit: Admittedly, I did find a bunch on my first time through there but they seem rather annoying to spawn on repeat trips.

If you haven't found out that Thorn is a filthy lucker by now...

Still, getting lava dust is a right pain. Diamonds is just a matter of persistence, Lava is too, but I have like three diamonds and have found no lava.
Kinda annoying.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

I don't think there is a metal slime and that fits the style so damned well, too bad there already is an odd onion in the game, so blooming onions wouldn't make the cut...

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Leal posted:

Quantum slimes are the ones I throw into the docks area, with the puddle slimes. They don't seem to be able to get themselves into the farm proper from down there.

Huh, a use for the docks... I ended up stuffing them on the main farm because that way I could keep an eye on them. Damned things kept getting out if they were anywhere else, even with only ten of them in the corral and the food at medium. And since the little shits can do the phase thing out of a pen, what make you think they can't just as easily get into another pen? I ended up losing my nuke slimes and my quantum/spoiler slimes that way. Which was a pain because it happened AFTER I sold all the plorts.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Did you know you can put chests/drum blocks/etc anywhere you want? As in, they don't have to be on the farm?

In most cases it's kind of useless(especially since if something's built in the path of a villager, they'll destroy it forever. Including whatever's inside a chest.), but it's handy for the mines because you can safely keep a chest on the entry floor and use it to go back and store stuff whenever you hit an elevator floor.

It hurts seeing you throw out so much stuff because your backpack's full. :saddowns:

This is very much a useful thing, dropping a chest or two in the mines is drat near a requirement for actually taking out a decent amount of things in a single trip. Granted, I bee-lined for getting the bags first thing, so I had three lines of storage, but having the ability to have a decent stock of food you could go back to every 5 levels was very useful.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

White Coke posted:

Will any of the chickens be named Henhen?

Please, this must happen. Briar Hen would be acceptable.
Too bad there isn't an incinerator you can throw old chickens into in Stardew Valley.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I found an iridium band and diamond from fishing in the first spring! I've been playing long enough the second item's a bit passé though.

Still a very nice shot in the arm for early game where every dollar helps. The iridium band was drat filthy luck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Kobanya posted:

My computer is fighting me on posting the image of it (or I'm just inept at putting pictures on this forum, who the gently caress knows at this point I'm tired), but thanks to whichever commentator (sorry I forgot your name!) for mentioning clam cakes in that one Slime Rancher video.

Got my sister to make them and we had that and potatoes for like, three weeks. It was pretty great. :3:

I hope when/if there's a Bob update, you get the option to buy a giant chicken statue. Or maybe a chicken head decoration pod for the slimes.

If there is a chicken head decoration for slimes, I hope it makes the meat eaters act like the slimes that have it on are chickens.
Only, not able to eat, so it just means that a pen full of tabbies would bounce off each other a whole bunch.