Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
There's a slight benefit to going over to Joja as opposed to doing the community center. They completely cut out one line of quests. So if you just want to fix everything, then money is the way to go.

Of course, there's a reason less than 2% of people have the achievement for selling out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Can confirm, you are extremely lucky in finding three ancient seeds. I spent ages in the mines looking for two artifacts that I will not name to finish the museum. Now I'm just waiting for you to find them both in seconds upon getting to the right level.

Also, I think I know what you're gonna breed your honey slime with. Does it involve getting to Ogden's retreat with meat in hand? That's what I did. I also popped all the Largo slimes you can get to right now. Have way too many keys and only one door to open with them.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Hell I think the only one you can actually form a relationship with is Shane. Which becomes a lot easier once you finish the community center.

Does make half of his relationship scenes make no sense, though.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Oh man, unlocking a new area before you have someone else's ranch to use to store the new slimes?

Get ready for lots of Tarr on Thorn's ranch, guys.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

The only thing I haven't managed to do yet is finish off the 7Zee rewards club and find one specific item for the Slimepedia. Both of those just take patience and diligence at this point in the game. There are also some achievements I'm just not going to do, like 'pen three types of largos in one pen.'

Man, once you get to the point when you have all the money, you just have no time to yourself anymore.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Actually, Mochi's first reward, Mochi's Extra Mile, is a 5-10% chance (Don't quote me on numbers) to get double the sale value of a plort when you take it to the market.

It's too unreliable to go 'I'll sell all these things and thanks to Mochi have enough to afford the next level of the reward's club' but if you were already selling a load of stuff on the market, it'll be some extra bucks in your pocket.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Their roadmap has two more big updates planned: an automation update, which adds drones to slime science to take over some of the grunt work for you, and one centred around Viktor. No idea what they're planning further out though. I do love this game and hope they keep going with it or a sequel; it's fertile ground for new ideas.

Tenebrais posted:

drones to slime science to take over some of the grunt work for you

Tenebrais posted:

drones

You know, if they hadn't already taken my money, I'd say take my money for content like that.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Filthy lucker indeed. Red cabbage on the cart and you had the money to buy it. Now all you need is the Rare seed before fall.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Can confirm, the next area of slime rancher is indeed difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Even when I was comfortably done with it, there were still secrets to uncover and finish off. Plus parts of it are locked behind other parts. And it brings back that mechanic we all loved from Ocarina of Time: Timed quests!

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Monomi Park is preparing another update for us, having to do with Silos. Triple the storage space, and being able to hold echoes and ornaments.

Man, getting that 'stuff a silo full' achievement is going to be quite a bit harder in the future, huh?

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

And now the game has truly taken off. You've gotten a fair few bundles done and are working on others, then the seasons change. If you don't get Spring done now, then you have to wait a whole year to finish it off.

Glad to see you planted the Ancient seeds. Now all you need is seed extraction technology to get an infinite supply of them.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Welp, good luck scrounging the desert for that one plant you need for the Slimepedia, Thorn!

It took me two in game days to find mine.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I found it by accident on my first visit to the desert.
Its really not that rare.

If you know all of the 74 locations it can appear in, no, not that rare!

The guide I was using at the start of the hunt was flawed. Which is why it took multiple days.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Oh you filthy lucker, just finding a Gilded Ginger like that!

...You better show off one of the better uses for it. Stick it in a gordo snare when you have the Golden Sureshot, then go find three more!

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

You filthy lucker.

I'm not even mad about the Iridium and the Diamond. But finding a loving strange doll?

Next you'll tell me you found another one in the rest of the week.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Eh, the duck feather isn't as big a deal to me. I typically have like three ducks at a time, so I was getting one eventually.

No, I think I know where I'm going to cry 'filthy lucker'. Especially if that fade-out text was leading up to what I think it was leading up to.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah, getting a shard from an omni geode is basically one of the few ways to get them, so nah, not gonna call you a filthy lucker this time.

The few other ways are from a mystic node, gem node, iridium node, one of the shadows, a mummy, fishing it up, or one of the flying serpents.

That being said though, it was a .4% chance. So long as you don't pull another one out of a geode, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

The video announcing their arrival did have drones wearing shades, so it's something to look into.

They're highly useful, in that they can take anything to anywhere. Food directly to your auto-feeders? No problem. Plorts to market? Can do! Round up some chickens? Easy.

Buuuut you can only have two in one ranch expansion at a time. Making them slightly less useful, as each one can only do one task at a time.

Still, I played with them for a few hours. It was fun, setting up automatic systems to take care of the feeding of the slimes.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

Except that each drone can only carry one type of plort to a destination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

That is a bit of an issue, yes.

I find it more criminal that Thorn hasn't shown off a party gordo in slime rancher yet.