Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Glazius posted:

You're going to wait to develop some kind of anti-bird technology before you plant that seed? If you can plant it?

It's like other multi-seasonal seeds in behavior re season change, so yeah, he can plant it as soon as he's got anti-crow technology. As mentioned in the video, though, ancient seeds are usually hard to come by so he's better off keeping the fruit until he's got seed extraction technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

There is actually a way to reach Pierre at the Spring festival - the walk that leads up to the community center area is blocked off, but only so that you can't reach the upper section of the town, and you can travel to the left behind the shop and hospital to reach him.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It might be tempting in the early game to sell the salmonberries for up to 1700 bucks, but 8 of them give the same energy and healing as a Life Elixir. They're a lot easier to guarantee in spades than Life Elixirs as well, even if you tell Demetrius to turn the cave into a mushroom farm. Rushing Foraging 4 takes some gumption and/or luck, and running around for as many berries as you can snag does take away time for other things, but it pays off extremely well since you can end up with over 40 Life Elixirs' worth of energy in your pocket that you can eat as you need it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The desert is good, reminds me of several trips I went on as a kid in Arizona. Kinda made me nostalgic even, which is a little amazing since that wasn't a favorite part of my life in general.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I think I actually have gotten a fiddlehead fern on the forest farm. It's a pretty uncommon spawn, though, I might have found one or two the whole season vs. the handful in the Secret Woods I got later in the summer. Morels definitely spawn on the forest farm and they're normally only Secret Woods forage too.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

My pet theory is that Harvey has a mustache because someone told him facial hair would make him look older. He has not gotten a second opinion more recently.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Welp, I started playing Stardew Valley again. And while I'm not nearly the Filthy Lucker Thornbrain is, I did find a loving diamond drop off of a diggy on day 10.

I found an iridium band and diamond from fishing in the first spring! I've been playing long enough the second item's a bit passé though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

What are those two icons that appeared around 27:30 to the left of the date/time counter? Besides being a tree and a weird marker thingy anyway.

e: Oh, sheesh, they're buffs, that explains it. I save buffing food so long I kinda forget it exists.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 23, 2018

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

On the other hand if you know your SO likes to bake/cook and they ask you to pick up some fruit, it should not be hard to realize they're not interested in the more general botanical kind. Robin could have been more specific but Demetrius should really know by now what she likes to do with groceries.

e: similarly, I believe an olive is a berry, but I'm not making a pie out of 'em

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 23, 2018

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Not to rain on your parade, but olive pies(Eliopita) are a thing :v:

There are more strange food designs in heaven and earth than are something something :v:

I guess I'd eat a bite of that though it definitely wouldn't match up to peach or pumpkin pie even if I liked it!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hail Satan, the update's out in beta and probably will be done Soon™.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Can you put the underpants in the big pot event thing?

No, you can't make Lewis eat his shorts. You'll see where they can be used in two/three updates.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm hoping that's shown off in glorious town-wide fashion. That event only triggers once you go in either the pub (for the guys) or Emily's house (for the girls), so outside increasing friendship with Gus and playing the arcade games it's not seriously restrictive either.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The thing with Pierre selling fish is that Pierre actually adds products to his stock if you sell enough of one thing directly to him. I got him to stock blueberries my first summer pretty quickly.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Jade Rider posted:

In addition to being more complex to make, the wild bait isn't that much better than the standard kind, if I'm remembering right.

5x less bait for 12.5% higher bite delay reduction, when regular bait already halves it. Dressed spinners are way more practical for faster bites.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

ThornBrain posted:

Stardew Valley

Between blackberries and pumpkins, Fall is being good to me.

Blackberries and salmonberries are both affected by Botanist just like ground forage is. So really, it's not that ConcernedApe sucks at picking fruit but that it's his belief only an expert eye can tell what a quality berry on the bush looks like. :v:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

On a side note, apparently I'm wrong about the shorts-eating, but you only get a unique response for it in the beta. As for the points from putting the judge's special shorts on display, well... we'll see about that. :v:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

You can get star tokens from the strength game, but only 1 at a time if you get either the very highest or very lowest rating, which you showed very well requires almost frame-perfect timing so is seriously not worth the effort.

Slight is an understatement - the spinner has a 75% chance of landing on green vs. 25% for orange. It's the fastest way to afford everything at the store, but not necessarily more fun than playing the fishing game a bunch.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

You start the game with 270 energy, and there's exactly two items that restore more energy than that - an iridium purple mushroom and energy tonic (that you only really see either in the mail or for 1000 bucks a pop in the doctor's office). Still, being able to almost double your starting energy is good for both making consumables last a bit longer and for taking some of the pain out of staying up past your bedtime. The need diminishes once you have sprinkler farms and gold/iridium equipment, but it's still nice to have the buffer.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

He'll find the mask next week I bet.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

You haven't got an Iridium Band yet, you need to collect two to hit peak filthy luckiness.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

The iridium band has a 10% attack boost on top of the magnet and glow ring effects. Also I think the effects stack if you wear a second one, which arguably beats out the ring of Yoba.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

She's definitely the worst bachelorette. That tiny amount of redemption with the cow comes really late. If not for being the only blacksmith, Clint would be a surer bet for a virgin sacrifice though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Trees take a whole month to grow, yeah. Putting them in the greenhouse lets them produce fruit all year though, unlike just planting them outside where they only produce fruit in one season.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It's implied that the person just hanging out by themselves at Leah's 8 heart event is the ex she was arguing with on the phone in one of her other heart events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

ThornBrain posted:

Usually best to watch the whole video before giving corrections or info.

Yeah, I did feel dumb when you got to the next heart event right afterwards.