Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think the "red devil" in the Prairie King minigame is probably supposed to be a prairie dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Omnicrom posted:

I have to ask, what series is that picture from? Because any manga about slime ranching seems worth reading.
It's not actually about slime ranching. My tablet with my manga reader app is currently out of power, so I can't remember the Japanese name the thing gives me offhand, but it's an isekai/cooking manga. It was only in the most recently translated chapter that the guy met and acquired a slime pet.

Fake Edit: Looking it up on a manga reader website, the name is "Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi". No, I don't know what it means translated.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Shei-kun posted:

8357 can just enter dreams. For her people, it's a totally natural ability, like breathing.

Wait, you mean humans can't do that? WHOOPSY.
Wasn't Psychonauts about a guy who could do that?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Johnny Joestar posted:

on an unrelated note i dunno if i'd say beatrix is meant to be the exact opposite of hobson. in regards to how the game plays out we don't actually know what she'll ultimately 'choose' and it leaves it kind of open-ended. hobson and beatrix start out in the same position, what with being on the ranch, so it's neat that things are left up to however the player wants to interpret it.
Thorn is saying that Hobson chose love over adventure in that last journal. He abandoned the idea of going through the portal and instead moved in with Thora. Beatrix has already done the opposite, in coming to the Far, Far Range to ranch slimes; she chose adventure over love. Would she do it again if the chance came up? Who knows. So I suppose it's "up in the air" in that sense, but she has already made the choice in the past, so there is validity to Thorn's argument.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I feel like you missed an opportunity in not saying Best (sorry, 8357) reads Sci-Fi.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dareon posted:

... you can put his shorts in the grange display, can't you. I wonder if Robin's axe will go in there as well. They're probably not worth many points.

The bit about Joja Bluu being cheaper than water sounds funny, but that can happen. I was drink shopping once and noticed that 8 ounces of bottled water was 98 cents, but I could get 16 ounces of sports drink for a buck-eighty.
Yeah, those filtered spring water bottles can get expensive. Where I live, a 1 liter bottle of Poland Spring is a buck-sixty or something like that, but a 1 liter bottle of iced tea is a dollar.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Commander Keene posted:

I think the "red devil" in the Prairie King minigame is probably supposed to be a prairie dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I might be overthinking this a little, but I wonder if people in Stardew Valley throwing out whole cooked dishes is how they sort of "take care" of Linus without injuring his pride or something like that.