Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stardew Valley is one of those games I promised myself I would play, know I would get sucked into for just about forever... then never actually played. Whoops.

Given I've only played one other farming sim (RF4) and rather liked it except for the tiny 3DS screen, now I'm wondering if I should watch this, or play it for myself. Or both :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh my god Slime Rancher looks adorable and now I sort of maybe regret starting Stardew Valley today because it is a time vampire :cry:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RickVoid posted:

Ha! Your LP can't make buy Stardew Valley, cause I already own it!

I now also own Slime Rancher. Dammit.

Same, and I spent the literal entirety of the weekend playing Stardew Valley. Like 40 hours in three days, a most shameful and unhealthy spree.

Barely even in year two and most of the villagers are below 2 hearts 'cos I'm so otherwise occupied :saddowns:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

As you commented, I too found that daily Luck and Luck buffs didn't appear to amount for really all THAT much, and the wiki on Luck seems to back that up.

Sample sizes of course but :shrug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Since you kinda mentioned it ThornBrain, you can use the Scythe instead of a weapon selected when farming / talking to villagers or whatever, so you don't waste energy/destroy anything like the sword but also don't have the block for a missed right click.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

EponymousMrYar posted:

You don't save Ancient Seeds for the Greenhouse.

You save them for seedmakers.
So you can make more of them without having to rely on digging them up via RNG.

Yeah but you still gotta have the fruit for that, no reason not to plant 'em (except not breaking the game) considering when he found 'em

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Now I need to listen to/watch those loons playing Wind Waker again

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kerning Chameleon posted:

On my last playthrough, I got a storm in the middle of the season and got a lightning strike on one of my crops. It was the free starfruit you get from the museum. I was very annoyed.

now i'm imagining losing an ancient fruit to this before you've been able to multiply any seeds

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bluhman posted:

This LP got me to buy Slime Rancher finally. It's fun but now I feel too much pressure to do well and feed my slimes. I'm failing at chilling with this chill game, help.

I was the same way, I felt odd pressure to keep up instead of exploring and stopped after an hour

I'll try again someday :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

there is no failstate whatsoever in either slime rancher or stardew valley, so basically you never need to stress about a single thing. in slime rancher especially, because most everything is easily replaceable even if there's a catastrophic tarr chain reaction on your ranch somehow.

also i'm sad that the 'real' use of the gilded ginger hasn't been shown yet

which is putting it in a master gordo snare

It's that fake-but-maybe-actually-real-idk OCD that compels me to do the right thing at all times and be efficient and optimal and :spergin: made me look up everything in the SDV wiki and install lookup mods and stuff. An irritating personality quirk, really

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bonus content for the JojaBot9000 playthrough? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i cannot believe you didn't show the last statue, thorn :mad: