Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I've started watching the LP now and have to say that already you can see the horrid execution on hand. The nonsense of Heinrich just allowing himself to be stabbed through his useless armor, the hilarious exposition speech of Gretchen's introduction, the loading screens, hilariously linear maps, etc.

It's also interesting in how you can see that they at least started the game off with the right kind of ideas. The inherent terrible-ness of the witch hunts as a starting basis of the story, the general premise of people trying to keep to morality and fix the awful mess that resulted, the body horror of the enemy designs, there's a basis of something good here. Instead we have this.

I find it fascinating regardless and am going to watch the rest of the videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly, the funny thing is that offensively speaking, it looks like the weak link is actually Heinrich himself. Minukelsus actually has good damage and crowd control packed into low-enough CDs that he can always do SOMETHING.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure if the scythe doing next to no damage on the boss is much of a distinction, cause honestly it feels like the scythe does next to no damage on everything. And yeah it's as I said before Minukelsus MvP

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I don't actually mind the ending very much. That being said, I was starting to skip cutscenes cause christ, so I wouldn't really notice the discontinuities that much.

Given how utterly different the ending was, I'd wager that they made the introduction and the endings first. The different models and resources are just too obvious for me to not come to that conclusion. I just think that their contract forced them to horrifically extend and pad the middle, and it gets tortuous because of that. With that in mind, I think the cutscenes were essentially them trying to fill space and just have the characters technically saying words. They weren't too concerned with continuity since they were just crunched.

• Locked thread