Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
At first I was wondering why people were talking negatively about the character design in this game...

quote:

...Because this is pretty awesome in my own opinion. This is some good body horror right here.

quote:

And this sort of women's fashion design was groan-worthy, but unfortunately common enough in Japanese games. Guess I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous.

quote:

Zipples appears

Woah hey, there we go. That's the bad stuff.

Other than that, the game's plot seems interesting enough to me. Just a shame that the gameplay lends itself to bullshit. Still enjoying the LP of the company that made Folklore's swansong regardless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I can't believe that the game loaded, let you take a couple of steps, and then loaded some more. Good god.

edit: I'm not usually a fan of when games force you fight an enemy a certain way, especially in reference to the ridiculous invincibility frames of those tree giants, and having only a single attack that can bring the ice wizards to the ground. I much prefer it when games incentivize certain options, but allow anybody to defeat enemies however they'd like. There were many times when watching the video where I felt that the game just looked like a slog, and I felt bad for you.

edit2: did the game really need to put in cheesecake non-damage specials for no reason? In the time of the internet, I find it hard to believe that people are going to get their jollies off on a two-second in-game cutscene in Knights Contract when instead they could just do a simple bing image search of "boobies".

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 6, 2018

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I guess I missed out a lot of the games during the period God of War was popular, so I'm experiencing this with fresh eyes.

Even though this game is kinda crap, I still enjoy the unnatural color scheme everything has. It's very dreamlike, and is making me nostalgic for Folklore.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Things being on fire should be cool, but here it's very nondistinct and easy to get lost in. Also lol at Heinrich's reaction when Gretchen told him that the super duper witch's code was just "don't hurt people".

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's so satisfying to see a boss just get wrecked instantly. :allears: Being able to kill bosses with a single hit seems to be this game's version of mercy to the player.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I think it would've been better if Gretchen just said that keeping someone around with good morals + doubts about Faust would've been useful some hundred years down the line by the time she resurrects, but this is more confusing so hence it makes the cut. Or maybe everyone in this game is an rear end in a top hat, including the witches. I could accept that too.

For Heinrich's cardinal sin of wanting to do the right thing, his punishment is death life.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I think that the hair-covering-a-castle-in-a-storm design and how Gretchen could've been a vengeful witch were clever touches, but as always, the execution is very poorly handled. I did kinda laugh at how they reused the same QTE twice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lmao this actually looks pretty good, yet the actual game itself looks nothing like it.

An additional lol goes out to Faust turning to the tried and tested classic battle form of a crab, but deciding to spice it up a bit by including lion elements so he doesn't look completely like the surf-and-turf entree at the seafood restaurant. Maybe aall the yellow stuff from the previous level was vaporized butter for the best flavor.

• Locked thread