Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I had forgotten that alongside everyone chasing Modern Warfare there was a smaller set chasing God of War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So how many times did you circle through the same area?

EagerSleeper posted:

I can't believe that the game loaded, let you take a couple of steps, and then loaded some more. Good god.

edit: I'm not usually a fan of when games force you fight an enemy a certain way, especially in reference to the ridiculous invincibility frames of those tree giants, and having only a single attack that can bring the ice wizards to the ground. I much prefer it when games incentivize certain options, but allow anybody to defeat enemies however they'd like. There were many times when watching the video where I felt that the game just looked like a slog, and I felt bad for you.

edit2: did the game really need to put in cheesecake non-damage specials for no reason? In the time of the internet, I find it hard to believe that people are going to get their jollies off on a two-second in-game cutscene in Knights Contract when instead they could just do a simple bing image search of "boobies".

That was another thing that God of War did so all the imitators had to. Call it the equivalent of the gunship mission in CoD4. GoW wasn't exactly subtle about it either so no one else was, see also the likes of Splatterhouse putting in nude pictures of the protagonists girlfriend as collectibles.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Having hair just everywhere was kind of creepy at the start.

Giant sized bosses really are just an excuse to give the animators some more work, huh?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

With all these quasi-torture attacks it just now occurred to me just how much someone was a fan of Bayonetta.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Boss battles? Knight Contract you should't have.

I'll give the game this, even if its just because of a lack of balance you don't often see special attacks that just just kill everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It's a good thing they locked V in a bunch of boxes and didn't cut her in half like they did for the rest of the witches. That would have been embarrassing for her.

• Locked thread