Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

SelenicMartian posted:

She also somehow knew her new, very detailed, body would be ready just in time for the witches' revengeance.

Hey, she coulda just walked outta there as a log with a pair of pumpkins nailed to the front, but no, she had to go for the high-end luxury model with real hair that grows and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I kind of get the feeling that Gretchen is the only one who actually gave a crap about the code in the first place, or that interpreted 'Do what thou wilt an it harm none' to include 'slaughter all heretics and traitors'.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Aw yiss, slashed doublets. :getin:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

Did it really take half the game for Heinrich to ask about the maguffin?

And he didn't even get an answer.

Was there any point to this whole level at all, aside from introducing Faust's nameless midget alchemist and the whole evil vagina mechanic? I think the only thing we learned here was Faust's motivation, which is not very compelling.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I'm pretty sure Gretchen is an rear end in a top hat, but neither she or the writers think she is.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

HardDiskD posted:

Witch of hair :psyduck:

She's like a low-budget Millia Rage. With no personality.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

That fight is incredibly boring, especially given that it's against a hair-themed prognosticating ghost giant spider witch. You'd think they could have come up with something interesting in that mess of adjectives.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

One decent, if stupid, way to deal with the lack of bosses to carry the rest of the game would be for Verderende to have her own sub-boss squad. But I think we're gonna get 7 levels of filler.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

In terms of level theme, they could have made the level a confusing mish-mash of the backstories of Heinrich and Minukelsus, kind of like the Meat Circus from Psychonauts.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Every video for the last five or so, I've thought it was going to be the worst. So I'm not gonna say this is the worst, but man this is dire.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I just noticed that Minukelsis' plague doctor mask doesn't have lenses.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Ah, Verderende, Witch of Time-Wasting.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Little known fact: you can build i-frames out of rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Is it me, or is the music here like a Symphony of the Night track with all the interesting bits taken out?

• Locked thread