Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I lol'd at 'just how stupid are these characters'? Umm. ... do we really want a serious answer to that after the discussion of what the contract actually is??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

"Once we're inside the castle, I'm sure we'll be safe from the stupid"

Oh my sweet summer child ...

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

I like what they made him into eventually, but the whole 'what are you doing here?' every.other.level. drives me up the wall and down the other side. It works once. Maybe twice at a push. It's been like five times now. Aside from Minukelsus's positive contributions, Selenic's comment about this level being a punishment for the player getting this far and continuing seems pretty spot-on.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

I like how Selenic actively discourages people right at the beginning from not just liking, but even watching his content. Which only encourages us to keep watching so we can see what he has to say about the train-wreck, and just how it all ends up playing out.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

I thought I was prepared for everything Knight's Contract has to offer. And it's had moments. Early on I didn't think it was that bad. Even since then, there have been times when it's merely off-beat. Then the part at the beginning of the latest offering arrived, where the portal to a one-enemy, one-collectible region. Then the portal back. To a loading screen. Followed by zooming in on the player's character/party. Followed immediately by another loading screen before you can even do anything. And then the fact that throwing enemies off a cliff has no drawbacks and is so much better than the actual, intended combat.

It's moments like these that give birth to phrases like "I can't even". I salute Selenic for playing this game. He's a better man than I.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

I like how a lot of the vines don't reach all the way up to the next pathway, but Heinrich isn't deterred by that in the slightest -- he just keeps reaching upwards and grabbing onto the rock face itself/thin air to keep climbing. Truly he is a master of climbing who has no need of the vines at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Got a good chuckle out of even Heinrich being bored by the loading screen.

• Locked thread