Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Doccykins posted:

Combine your Gaming/Fantasy Sports/Trivia categories and budget $200 a month for them. Every time you want to put money into FanDuel or whatever is money you can't use on Steam games. If you did this last month you would have had another $500/mo to pay down your $6000 credit cards to $5500 and be done with them sooner. Same with Restaurants/Fast Food - if you love restaurants so much go out on date night or whatever but know that every time you stuff your face full of Maccy D's that's money you can't spend going somewhere nice. Same with entertainment - Subscriptions all look cheap when they're $8/$10 throws but they add up

Definitely do this OP.

Also, if Steam purchases are a constant drain for you, go into Steam settings, uncheck "Notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases" and set your favorite window to "Library". That way when you start up Steam you won't be bombarded with ads for games you don't need and will instead be faced with your (likely overflowing) library of games you already own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Jesus. I guess Ready Player One wasn't that far off after all, there is gold in them hills.

• Locked thread