Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Think through some likely rare expenses and maybe Google what other people commonly have. But I think you will usually miss out a few here and there. So, probably just set aside a small catchall fund for these. $50 a month? I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Disliked. The hero's voyage should be achieved by overcoming multiple obstacles, as he engages in a journey of self-discovery and realising what it truly important to him. Cornholio is a good example.

This was too easy, no sense of character development. I was not invested in his redemption. I suggest an unplanned pregnancy or a emerging drug habit in the upcoming reveals.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

But John, isn't it nice when things just... work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl2U1p3fVRk
Lol, that was pretty amazing. Never saw it before. Hope it was real, instead of CGI.

But the narrative just doesn't fit. For the anti-hero / outright villain to turn to the Light so quickly within 6 pages?!? It just comes out as lazy writing.

There needs to be a reveal where it turns out that he way overspent and these are all lies to cover it up. Cornholio and Zaurg had multiple episodes of those, they were great!

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spokes posted:

I still don't believe the tires going up the goddamn ramp are real.

(i mean, the rational part of me does and i've read way too many articles about it at this point but just look at it!)
So... you gonna man up and do the right thing here? That drug habit isn't going to pick itself up.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spokes posted:

Two weeks out of debt and my finances are already slowly being swallowed up by the sticky purple lifestyle creep. I've blown through a third of my (increased) June impulse food budget and it's only the 7th. Posting to keep myself accountable and stop spending money like a dipshit. GF's car has been in the shop so I've been doing all the driving, leading me to just pop into mcdonalds or wherever as I pass by. Hopefully I can quickly turn this around. Just letting anyone reading this thread know that it's still difficult once you're out of debt! kind of like losing weight, i guess, though I wouldn't know anything about that.
I sense some exciting episodes coming up!!! This could be the start of a long slide down...

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ok, but honest truth is I am genuinely a bit disappointed. It is not that I wish ill for you, but I was just getting emotionally attached to the story and then you just fix it with your windfall from out of nowhere.

It is a bit like WTF :aaa: I consider Cornholio as the ideal BFC story. He achieved happiness while the journey itself was both entertaining for the audience and enlightening / enriching for Cornholio. Still, I shall try to wish you well I guess.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zaurg posted:

Just LOL at leaving vegas on a juicy Saturday night when you could be making $$$ at the tables

Sometimes it's best to work outside the budget for the overall greater good.
What is wrong with Zaurg anyway? I haven't been following his thread, but heard that he spiraled out yet again.

So is he just bitter and hence acting out or what?

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

QuarkJets posted:

making sound financial choices is hard, and selling shitcoins is even harder, so zaurg decided to just give up and accept that he's going to die penniless

he's going to tell other people in BFC to gamble more instead so they can be more like him
Oh, ok. Yea, knew Zaurg was scrum long time ago after his second (?) thread. Hard to tell with these sorts of things early on. Zaurg could have turned out like Cornholio. Cornholio was a good fellow.

But I kinda enjoy Zaurg. People like him is what allows us to feel all good and warm inside, knowing that we are superior to them. I take great comfort in this. Kinda mean, but human I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STONE COLD 64 posted:

it's kind of like being able to appreciate mississippi whenever you're feeling down about your current state if you're american.
Yup yup, there is always Mississippi!

I mean, some people are on the down and out because of some external factors. If you accidentally laugh at them when they are innocent, you might feel a tad guilty. Whereas Zaurg is really the good stuff, guilt-free pleasure all the way. There is someone who deserves to burn in Hell.

• Locked thread