Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Am I allowed to post here? Not pissing. I just rarely get the chance to look at someone else's situation and offer feedback. Maybe it would help me too.

Do you think you have a gambling addiction? If so are you considering professional therapy?

Why not just play free Yahoo fantasy leagues? One of the most fun fantasy football leagues I'm in is free, just bragging rights, with a couple friends and couple randos on Yahoo league, usually a 10 man league. Join us next year! I put in a total of $150/year into fantasy football (4 leagues; $70, $60, $20, free) and that is so time consuming it more than satisfies my interest in FF. By the end of the season I'm done and need a nice long break.

You're budgeting $767/month or ~26% of your monthly income for entertainment/restaurants/bullshit. Looks like that would be a great improvement from past months. If you can actually hit that for March, maybe try lowering it more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Spokes,

Thanks to this thread I remembered I played around with FanDuel a few years ago. I logged in this moring and checked transaction history. I deposited $25 in 2015 and played around with a few dumb DFS entries. I have a $9.54 account balance remaining. I just withdrew it to my Paypal.

"Success! We've deducted funds from your FanDuel account and you should receive payment via Paypal within the next 48 hours. A confirmation email is already on its way. To make any changes please contact customer support."

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Spokes posted:

I jog occasionally, that's it.

:eyepop:

Look at that, you can be just like me.
Take up jogging consistently, then buy some shitcoins, and in 10 years only have 20k saved for retirement and only about 1/3 of your expected net worth.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Congrats on being debt free

Do you think trivia winnings have replaced your DFS gambling urges? What happens when trivia slows down/stops?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
You have an Annual Payments category that covers a ton of stuff like mine cool

Do you think it would be better to separate that out into each category like BFC suggests, instead of lumping lots of expenses into one category? I get pissed on a lot for that, just curious of your view.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Renter's insurance is a scam.

Well all insurance is, but especially that one.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

ego symphonic posted:

You're an idiot. Don't post.

My posting has been a lot more effective in this thread than yours. :smug: Maybe try helping the OP instead of shitposting.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Spokes posted:

see, now i'm on the fence... lots of people saying something is good, zaurg saying it's bad... what am I to do?

just kidding, i'll look into getting renters insurance asap

:smug:

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
OP, the post below is filled with bad advice. You're a game show winner. You deserve some delicious greasy food and you can afford it with your big $$winnings$$. Just budget properly for it. Remember, you're going to need to properly fuel your body for those burpees.

moana posted:

Stop spending money like a dipshit, also start eating delicious healthy snacks instead of McDs and you'll lose some goddamn weight and stop lining your arteries. My dad died of a heart attack at age 45, don't gently caress yourself over like he did. What's your worst impulse place? McDs? Cut it out completely. Whatever the worst/most common place is, just make it a hard and fast rule you can't go there. Instead, bag up some baby carrots or keep an apple/banana/orange in the car with you at all times for snack emergencies.
Also, if you do buy fast food, make it a rule you have to get out and do like ten burpees before eating. That alone will be enough to stop the small cravings from getting at you.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Spokes someone gave me a disc golf set years ago and I never played. I'd give you the set if you want. I think it's still in my closet.

But you should do couch to 5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Just LOL at leaving vegas on a juicy Saturday night when you could be making $$$ at the tables

Sometimes it's best to work outside the budget for the overall greater good.

• Locked thread