Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
If you haven't tried disc golf, it's addictive and cheap as a hobby to keep you in shape. Jogging is great too, just don't end up like zaurg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Why the gently caress would you get chipotle if you have another Mexican place available? Tsk tsk

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Spokes posted:

spending less money (and especially, not gambling) hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
So glad to hear that! Keep up the good work and remember that you could end up like zaurg, that's enough motivation to keep anyone going..

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Spokes posted:

On the subject of (possibly) winning big prizes, i guess i can finally mention this now that i have a concrete date and hopefully a pattern of decent behavior to convince everyone i'm not going to blow everything -- i'm going to be appearing on "who wants to be a millionaire" on may 30. Feel free to watch and cheer along knowing that I'm not spending my winnings (if there are any) on stupid bullshit.

So like, have you already taped it and just can't tell us how you did, it is it like a live recording? If there's a place to watch online, link it when it's up!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Ahhhhh that is so cool! I'm so excited to see it!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

AHHHHH just watched it, you played it perfectly imo. So calm under pressure, too - major major props, I can't imagine the pressure that you must have been under. Super congrats!!!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Walked away with 30k since the 50k question was some bullshit about Victoria's Secret models

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Spokes posted:

Two weeks out of debt and my finances are already slowly being swallowed up by the sticky purple lifestyle creep. I've blown through a third of my (increased) June impulse food budget and it's only the 7th. Posting to keep myself accountable and stop spending money like a dipshit.
Stop spending money like a dipshit, also start eating delicious healthy snacks instead of McDs and you'll lose some goddamn weight and stop lining your arteries. My dad died of a heart attack at age 45, don't gently caress yourself over like he did. What's your worst impulse place? McDs? Cut it out completely. Whatever the worst/most common place is, just make it a hard and fast rule you can't go there. Instead, bag up some baby carrots or keep an apple/banana/orange in the car with you at all times for snack emergencies.
Also, if you do buy fast food, make it a rule you have to get out and do like ten burpees before eating. That alone will be enough to stop the small cravings from getting at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Spokes posted:

Days without buying fast food: One!
Pretend you can hear me behind you cheering "yaaaaaay Spokes, you're so awesome!"

And yeah, activity. Disc golf. Where in SoCal are you? There's gotta be a course nearby.

• Locked thread