Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This thread is boring if you’re just gonna take advice and make positive steps that better your financial situation

(Great job btw, that’s a great positive step)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spokes posted:

This is wild, y'all. I know the month isn't over and it's only the first month, but we are movin' on up!

Nice progress! Don’t get complacent because you had one good month in a row. It’s like going to gym everyday for a week. That’s great and it’s commendable but you need to repeat it every week to see the progress you want.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SiGmA_X posted:

Why the gently caress does Power BI not have Sankey?!

It does but it's not out of the box. You have to go find it in BI's little "visuals gallery" bullshit.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-sankey-diagram/

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spokes posted:

Alright, for the first time since... 2013, I think, I have more money in my Checking account than balance on my Credit Card. I don't necessarily think I'll get to zero this month but I'll at least be able to pay off my balance due at the end of the month and stop paying interest. Continuing to plug away!

That’s awesome, great work. The trick is to have that every month and it feels great.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo. How does one get in on this?

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

22 Eargesplitten posted:

1) Duck.
2) Let the joke go over your head.

:golfclap:

For real though how do you owe that much in taxes on trivia winnings? That’s some crazy prize money

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spokes posted:

On the subject of (possibly) winning big prizes, i guess i can finally mention this now that i have a concrete date and hopefully a pattern of decent behavior to convince everyone i'm not going to blow everything -- i'm going to be appearing on "who wants to be a millionaire" on may 30. Feel free to watch and cheer along knowing that I'm not spending my winnings (if there are any) on stupid bullshit.

That’s awesome! Will definitely check it out.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zaurg posted:

Renter's insurance is a scam.

Well all insurance is, but especially that one.

This is a bad and wrong take.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spokes posted:

see, now i'm on the fence... lots of people saying something is good, zaurg saying it's bad... what am I to do?

just kidding, i'll look into getting renters insurance asap

This a good and correct take.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

gently caress off zaurg

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
How many shitcoins are you gonna buy with those winnings???

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zaurg posted:

OP, the post below is filled with bad advice. You're a game show winner. You deserve some delicious greasy food and you can afford it with your big $$winnings$$. Just budget properly for it. Remember, you're going to need to properly fuel your body for those burpees.

gently caress off zaurg and go drink your own thread full of piss that you abandoned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spokes posted:

Game Show money should be here in the next couple weeks, but it's all going to emergency fund so my budgeting isn't really affected

You’re a better man than I am, good on you

• Locked thread