Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Sorry for being dumb, but don't see it spelled out anywhere in the OP. What is DFS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

IDK, I like beans and rice.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Spokes posted:

gently caress it, you folks are (still) right about DFS and it doesn't matter how much more i earn if i can't kick the habits that got me here.

i'm playing the free march madness bracket thing on fanduel so i didn't self-exclude there; i will as soon as ncaa is over

I'm getting myself out of this hole even if it's miserable, and i'm sure it won't be nearly as bad as i think it will. I'll find a new hobby or just go to the gym more or something. thanks for all the effort so far, i'm still dreaming of being debt free with vacation money earned on top by June. i've been working like crazy!

Great work here, glad to see a very healthy approach.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

First, amazing progress and keep it up. I believe that you'll find that making strong healthy progress toward these goals will one day eclipse the high you get from sports betting.

Don't fret over missing the budget here and there. Budgeting is a practice that takes time and also you have to roll with the punches. Life comes at you and you don't always respond perfectly. As long as you are sticking to your plan for the most part you're going to come out looking great.

How do you make those sweet visuals. I love it and I have tons of data to play with.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

tuna melt posted:

Sankeymatic is good for this.

Ok, this is REALLY cool. Think I'm going to have fun with this. Want to have it auto-generate based on my YNAB extract. Think I'll throw in pre-tax contributions/withholdings too. Will make my monthly finance meetings with my wife go much better!

For content: this is my budget for January, so allocating lumpy expenses also. Don't pick it apart too much please...

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Yeah, I did one for both the months of the year and then a 2017 final spend including tax withholdings and it all to get a full picture of where my money went. Pretty freaking great.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Roll with the punches, my man.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Droo posted:

We could torture Jeopardy fans by making them watch this show in real time. Congrats on the cash

What'd he win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Spokes posted:

ALSO: edit for long-time readers, I did go to Vegas and I played magic -- the tournament crashed after round 2 and they offered free entry ($70) to a future tournament to everyone who was entered. I wasn't going to win anyway, so... GWM! I also spent about $250 total on food/entertainment. Uber and Gas cost more than anticipated but I kept costs low everywhere else. The numbers above are all post-Vegas spending.

Cool and good things that you can do when you have your financial house in order. Have money to enjoy, not using debt to do so.

Keep up all of the good momentum Spokes. You’re on an excellent trajectory that barring a disaster (or failing) you are just going to continue to build strength. After some period of time, you’ll be able to weather the disaster no problem. Great work!

• Locked thread