Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Oh God they added a second midnight Kaiju show after WM ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

kaiju is bad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

oatgan posted:

kaiju is bad

Look at this stupid rear end in a top hat and his stupid rear end in a top hat opinion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

kaiju is bad

this is why you're not mod anymore

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im the only wrestlemania weekend voice you can trust

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Added:

Progress – April 6
-Progress Title: Travis Banks vs. Shane Strickland
-Jinny & Mercedes Martinez vs. Toni Storm & Shazza McKenzie
-Pete Dunne vs. Flash Morgan Webster vs. Mark Andrews
-Walter & Timothy Thatcher vs. David Starr & Jack Sexsmith

House of Hardcore

-TV Title Semi: Hornswoggle vs. Alex Reynolds
-TV Title Semi: Willie Mack vs. Killer Kross
-TV Title Final: Semi 1 Winner vs. Semi 2 Winner vs. Sami Callihan
Also: Tommy Dreamer, Billy Gunn, MVP, Carlito, Spirit Squad, Austin Aries, Brian Cage, Rich Swann, Rock & Roll Express

Wrestling Revolver
-Ladder Match: Besties in the World vs. Zachery Wentz & Dezmond Xavier vs. Aussie Open
-Eddie Kingston vs. Juice Robinson
-Jeff Cobb vs. Shane Strickland

CZW
-OVE Open Challenge
-Rich Swann vs. Zachery Wentz

ROH Supercard of Honor
-ROH Six Man - SoCal Uncensored vs. Young Bucks & Flip Gordon (replacing Kingdom)

Wrestlemania
-Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev
-Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
-Bludgeon Brothers vs. Usos vs. New Day

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

kaiju is bad

I disagree. I think kaiju is really, really bad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Still missing the second Kaiju show which is not part of the FITE deal or mania weekend website but rather is only announced in the WWN shop

I love you Gabe

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
imagine being so joyless that someone is like "hey want to get drunk and see a bunch of guys in big silly costumes hit each other with cardboard buildings while techno plays" and you are like "heh, no thanks, I want to see two guys who use their real names exchange hammerlocks for 30 minutes"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

imagine being so joyless that someone is like "hey want to get drunk and see a bunch of guys in big silly costumes hit each other with cardboard buildings while techno plays" and you are like "heh, no thanks, I want to see two guys who use their real names exchange hammerlocks for 30 minutes"

are you implying that dr. cube's name is not really dr. cube

because if so your big stupid nose is getting punched

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

are you implying that dr. cube's name is not really dr. cube

because if so your big stupid nose is getting punched

Its actually more kind of a Ric Flair thing where his name is actually spelled Kyoob

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Because it gets really boring after awhile.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Because it gets really boring after awhile.

uh this giant communist banana does not have the technical prowess to keep me entertained, excuse me while I watch kajawaji hanafana kick a dude to a time limit draw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

uh this giant communist banana does not have the technical prowess to keep me entertained, excuse me while I watch kajawaji hanafana kick a dude to a time limit draw

They probably don't suck as much as the communist banana.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

a man who sees a giant communist banana fight a can of soup with an axe and starts bitching about workrate

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Are all these indies really going to listen to the dumb rules that the LA sport's authority have? It just seems to me they just want an excuse to have people pay them for rules violations.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/979320339095224320

https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/979366000771653632

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/979371911883952128

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Those rules are all extremely bad but I'd be cool with a one night ban on superkicks just to see what wrestlers come up with in response

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Luke Hawx is risking his state license for all the Mania weekend shows:

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/979024767343874048

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

a man who sees a giant communist banana fight a can of soup with an axe and starts bitching about workrate

I'd rather see something good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a lot I will say after Wrestlemania weekend as I am neither a narc or a cop.

If you are attending those shows keep it low key online posting wise. Don't smarten up the Commission.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Do you mean the банан in ushanka

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Are all these indies really going to listen to the dumb rules that the LA sport's authority have? It just seems to me they just want an excuse to have people pay them for rules violations.

I mean the authority does have the power to institute fines but I am not sure what power they have to enforce them

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh wow - there hasn't been an indie show in New Orleans (other than Luke Hawx's WikdKat promotion) since Mania weekend in 2014:

http://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=shows&sort=ort&land=3&region=70&stadt=329&ansicht=&arena=

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

What if its Giant Tiger wrestling the Fruits in Suits

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

schweens posted:

Those rules are all extremely bad but I'd be cool with a one night ban on superkicks just to see what wrestlers come up with in response

The really absurd thing is that the rules aren't applicable to the WWE or the ROH shows. The latter is kind of key because a lot of guys on that card are working the other shows too, which makes the commission's claims that they will make exceptions for guys who are 'proven to be sufficiently trained' or whatever fall apart when Ibushi can do the Golden Star powerbomb or the Phoenix Press on Supercard of Honor, but not the Wrestlecon show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

What if its Giant Tiger wrestling the Fruits in Suits

I didn't need something great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The local police have their hands full as it is, I doubt there'll be time to shut down shows.

If Luke Hawx plays his cards right, any blowback from the commission will be meaningless. And considering WWE has two battle royales advertised and if Undertaker does wrestle(I guess that's a thing, right?) there'll be piledrivers. The commission won't have a legal leg to stand on if Hawx pushes the issue.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

"I would rather see something good" he says turning up his nose at the party unicorn and instead averting his gaze to a 5'6" guy sloppily doing a suicide dive into an empty row of seats

"Such majesty" he whispers to himself

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

The local police have their hands full as it is, I doubt there'll be time to shut down shows.

If Luke Hawx plays his cards right, any blowback from the commission will be meaningless. And considering WWE has two battle royales advertised and if Undertaker does wrestle(I guess that's a thing, right?) there'll be piledrivers. The commission won't have a legal leg to stand on if Hawx pushes the issue.

Owens uses a powerbomb as his finish and you know there'll be a nearfall where Bryan kicks out of it. Ali's finish is a more dangerous version of the 450. RICOCHET is on the NXT card, for gently caress's sake, and he's in a 6-way ladder match. No match on the WWE cards will follow those rules.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ninac112397/status/979350193844895745

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

"I would rather see something good" he says turning up his nose at the party unicorn and instead averting his gaze to a 5'6" guy sloppily doing a suicide dive into an empty row of seats

"Such majesty" he whispers to himself

I fully admit not being enough of an intellectual to process dudes in suits as announcers shout stuff over the PA. It is beyond my limited capacity for intelligent thought.

The breast exam is because the LA commission, at least as recently as 2014 banned implants. WWE was of course excepted.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Owens uses a powerbomb as his finish and you know there'll be a nearfall where Bryan kicks out of it. Ali's finish is a more dangerous version of the 450. RICOCHET is on the NXT card, for gently caress's sake, and he's in a 6-way ladder match. No match on the WWE cards will follow those rules.

WWE and supposedly ROH are exempt and the key language is everything is at the commission's discretion. I seriously doubt anything will come of this other than maybe a few catered meetings between Hawx and the Commission.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If the 450 splash and piledriver are illegal it occurs to me the canadian destroyer may be the most criminal move in Louisiana

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

I can't wait for the cops to break up SoCal Uncensored vs the Bucks for breaking every rule

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I like the fact that ROH is officially recognised by the Louisiana State Boxing & Wrestling Commission as "Major League" but Impact isn't.

Broken clock's right twice a day, I guess.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

dsriggs posted:

I like the fact that ROH is officially recognised by the Louisiana State Boxing & Wrestling Commission as "Major League" but Impact isn't.

Broken clock's right twice a day, I guess.

You'd think ROH would be considered minor league with Scurll working it

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

There's a lot I will say after Wrestlemania weekend as I am neither a narc or a cop.

This is what narc cops say and you know it

quote:

If you are attending those shows keep it low key online posting wise. Don't smarten up the Commission.

Tell it to Wrestling Twitter, they're the ones who can barely look up from their phones to watch the match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If the 450 splash and piledriver are illegal it occurs to me the canadian destroyer may be the most criminal move in Louisiana

Sounds like a challenge to that outlaw, Joey Janela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/978452565275922439?s=19