Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Danica is going to wreck half the field

Which half

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that was a groaner. In all seriousness, ECR is so good at Indy, she'll probably be near the front and take out most of the field when she wrecks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

If Stroll wins a race I request an 11 year probation. :toxx:

Do you want to go halfsies on this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

*extremely specific Facebook t-shirt ad voice* HELL YEAH I've got a MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM I'm a MCLAREN FAN

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bold prediction: The season ends and no one is happy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I’m so old that the European rounds being pushed back to 9am EST means I’ll have time to kill Sunday mornings. Might as well start going to church or something.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lord knows I’m trying

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Then why the gently caress is there an Alfa Romeo badged Ferrari engine in a Sauber?
They might as well be in FCA. They might not be FIAT, but they still do what FIAT tells them.

There’s not

And Ferrari and FCA are run by the same dude

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Stoffel's getting a good run in today. Plenty of time at the top of the timesheet, albeit with hypersofts on. If McLaren needed to convince a potential sponsor or two they're probably doing enough. If they end up in Melbourne with no new stickers on the car lol just lol.

They probably won't, get your lols ready

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

McLaren seems to like running very soft compounds (they did this in the past too) for whatever reason.

Their simulations told them the softest compounds would work better in the cold.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is the bike thread. Don't be wheelist.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The MotoGP posts are routinely the worst, most obnoxious posts in this thread and should be banned. They suck rear end.

Hold my beer

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

gently caress the service if they edit races for real

Counterpoint: what if they edit it so Nando wins the title in 2012

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

I wonder why it stops at '81?

81 season was the first Concorde Agreement, iirc

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

forza ferrari

NOT!!!!!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Autosport trackside report said Vandoorne’s lap was “Schumacher-esque” and “boner inducing.”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

It's clearly not going to be a race winning car at the start of the season, but the McLaren is looking a decent car, and in the hands of Fernando Alonso I'm expecting some fun

He's going to win in Melbourne.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alonso is going to honor Australian history by winning the race in the exact same fashion as Steven Bradbury.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I unironically want Mclaren to win. Unless my child does not get on one of their partner programs in which case naturally I will be unironically damning them to the very depths of hell and blaming Zac Brown personally.

(Got a mail saying offer letters were being delayed by sno, so she’s not been rejected yet, which I’m guessing is the universe building up to a really big gently caress you at the end of the month)

Please tell me you spelled his first name correctly in your application.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You mean the Ducati Corse thread, thank you

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ducati is an Italian MotoGP team. They’re like if Ferrari were likeable and competent and had good drivers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I just listened to Autosport Podcast's testing wrap-up and their best guess at the order so far was:

1. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
---
3. Ferrari
---
4. McLaren
5. Renault

and no one really cared about the rest. The caveat with Ferrari was that they seemed to be experimenting quite a lot and it was hard to say where they actually were.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Grid girls were nothing but F1's beards, literally all of us are gay.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

FYI it hurts even more the second time they break up with you. Generally they do it because they realise you must be kind of a pussy to get back together with them after they wrecked you in the first place.

Enjoy!

Can you guys stop posting about Brexit please

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Renault has a vested interest in giving their customers power unit parity, or at least they claim to, since they want to directly compare their chassis with Red Bull and McLaren. I’m sure that won’t last for long.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

News: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-commissions-musical-theme-from-hollywood-composer-1010946/

Views: https://youtu.be/V_h7Lm7C9Nk

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lady Leclerc got me all flustered

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Formula E’s on screen graphics are the worst.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

The McLaren one is multi-season by the way. I genuinely believe they won't ever win an F1 race again after watching Grand Prix Driver.

e: in fact the McLaren one may as well be a full toxx ban

Are there two different cuts of this documentary

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you watched Grand Prix Driver and didn’t drown in the ocean of Jon Neale’s eyes, please get out of my face

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Boullier is just a figurehead, the whole operation is run to perfection by Jon Corleone himself.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

- Williams fans, 2008.

This comparison is the worst, though. Like there's literally nothing in common between McLaren and Williams other than "currently worse than they used to be."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren just has way more money and resources than Williams ever has. Ojjeh is a billionaire, Peter Lim is a billionaire, Bahrain is a whole country, etc. It doesn't even really matter that they barely have any sponsors, the owners could fund the team almost indefinitely if they were so inclined. It's hard to imagine a future in which they don't return to the front.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

McLaren are the poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Renault invented the Minivan. The Espace predates the Chrysler one by a few months IIRC. Although if we are getting technical the Type-1 by VW was the first Minivan, and Chevrolet had the Greenbrier. The Japanese also had passenger versions available of their commercial vans available forever.

Espace stands for all the Extra Space we're gonna need on the McLaren hype train here in a few weeks

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The only Extra Space I see here is between your ears.

Hell yeah baby, got that Size Zero brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

So Renault engines are apparently using the 2016 ERS because they still can't get a new one to work.

Lol.

Oldie but a goodie :c00l: ain't broke don't fix it