Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Norns posted:

Lol mental health problems am I right fellas?

Lol....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Marquez has ominous pace. 2014 repeat inbound.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

We are not making a bike thread. Let me make that perfectly clear at this early juncture of this great thread, there will be bike posts.

Stfu

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The MotoGP posts are routinely the worst, most obnoxious posts in this thread and should be banned. They suck rear end.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I dunno I liked the ones you made about the 80s-90s, which got me to start watching it.

I think you know the posts I'm talking about.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah I regret that I was wrong when I said people would ignore the halo a few races in, it really sticks out a lot.

IMO it'll get replaced with jet fighter canopies in 2020 and everyone will be happy again, especially Adrian Newey.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is the only source for it but apparently the archive service has footage going back to 1981. Which is slightly disappointing because the late 70s is such a cool period of F1 but still cool.

Also disappointingly only "a handful" of races will be available at launch, presumably because they have to digitize everything at some point.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/28/f1-tv-archive-will-bring-include-new-80s-and-90s-race-video-to-fans/

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I imagine they won't edit it. You can watch Simoncelli get murked in 1080p all you want on VideoPass if you want to for god knows why.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I wonder why it stops at '81?

It maybe be a TV rights thing , or it may simply be that 1981 is when they started archiving footage rather than throwing it away.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

81 season was the first Concorde Agreement, iirc

Yeah, that's right, 1981 is when FOCA first got the rights to F1 broadcasting. IIRC before that it was a loving mess.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I hope the Raws are ok. Sometimes they get ruined with the passage of time.

From what I've heard it's the same archive Sky have been using for their classic race broadcasts and those have been in really good quality

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OhsH posted:

forza ferrari

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Welp im going to meet the ex today, Im a loving idiot.

Tell her you're gay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

- Williams fans, 2008.

they were right and then they fired Big Pastor. Karma

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This comparison is the worst, though. Like there's literally nothing in common between McLaren and Williams other than "currently worse than they used to be."

"teams that need to hire Pastor Maldonado"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

track day bro! posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

They're really bad and are in terminal decline. Think some Chinese guy will buy the team soon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Espace stands for all the Extra Space we're gonna need on the McLaren hype train here in a few weeks

The only Extra Space I see here is between your ears.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like another failed season from the twinks at Woking.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren esta muy mal

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

talk about ferrari

most laps and best time on a harder tyre

what a good team!

I'm upgrading my prediction for the Scud in 2018 from "Win" to "Epic Win".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
$150m spending cap? What is this, Formula Ants?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everyone loves Ferrari and they get complemented by everyone constantly because of how great a team they are

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

The problem is that Mercedes are saying they would join Ferrari in petulance quitting which is new, and would leave F1 with Renault and Honda suddenly having to supply a load more teams, which given they can’t currently supply works teams with non-exploding engines leaves the sport pretty much hosed.

Hmm F1 wouldn't survive if the biggest teams are fraud teams like McLaren and Force India? Weird that people want them to have an equal say in the sport as the real teams like Ferrari then.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hon hon hon, le McLaren, c'est merde

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I fear for sending LC's daughter to the crime and trash infested hellhole of Woking.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

All their good parts probably got stolen by roving gangs of youths who terrorize Woking day and night.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wow, Richard Mille have a new McLaren-branded watch

Wow! It looks like total dogshit!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It costs $200,000. Lmao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I shouldn't talk because Ferrari are sponsored by Hublot, but Richard Mille may be the one watch company with less taste than Hublot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't understand the hyper rich and why their watches have to look like that. I guess it's mostly athletes buying those but still. If I was hyper rich I'd just get a Patek Phillipe calendar or something.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If it was like, $4000 instead of $6000 I'd totally save up for a 39mm Oyster Perpetual.

Phwoar that's a watch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Imagine having access to their customer sales data. A list of the richest, dumbest fucks on the planet.

From what I can tell it's mostly pro athletes. Nadal in particular loves Richard Milles, almost as much as he loves doping.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe Honda just needed a change of environment. Like taking a troubled street youth from the gang capitol of Britain, Woking, and giving him a fresh start somewhere civilized like Italy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Toro Rosso is going to finish dead last in every race and get relegated to NASCAR.

I will always respect NASCAR for being the one series Red Bull sucked rear end at

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't notice the watch was on fire, lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khablam posted:

Translation: Failarri

I don't think this is accurate.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sandbagging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This stuff about Ferrari being bad seems like fake news, to me.