Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Tariffs are good

That sound you hear is poty accelerating to just under light speed towards his keyboard to post about EU single market tarrifs.

And good on him. He's the only sane poster in this thread imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Welp im going to meet the ex today, Im a loving idiot.

FYI it hurts even more the second time they break up with you. Generally they do it because they realise you must be kind of a pussy to get back together with them after they wrecked you in the first place.

Enjoy!

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 2, 2018

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh.

my god.

https://imgur.com/a/BXXhS

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'll take a month if Ferrari come higher than fourth in the WCC or if McLaren win a race, whichever happens first (neither will happen) :toxx:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Ferrari is gonna be 2nd or 3rd, so you're eating a month.
Should be safe on the McLaren one tho.

The McLaren one is multi-season by the way. I genuinely believe they won't ever win an F1 race again after watching Grand Prix Driver.

e: in fact the McLaren one may as well be a full toxx ban

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 4, 2018

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Are there two different cuts of this documentary

There are two cool and good people at McLaren, Eric Boullier and Fernando Alonso. Both of them have confidence and an air of "I know what I'm doing".

Everyone else was walking around using Ron-speak despite the fact that he's dead or retired or whatever. The rot has clearly set in.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s what Mark Webbah should have called his book

:discourse:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So Renault engines are apparently using the 2016 ERS because they still can't get a new one to work.

Lol.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Toro Rosso have done the most laps out of anyone in testing, meanwhile McLaren are having technical trouble.

:thunk:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

She got in.

My 14 year old daughter got into the McLaren partnered engineering school.

Crying.

Proud parent of the smartest person at McLaren

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Personally I can't wait for LC's daughter to design a championship winning car that helps a newly-signed Lewis Hamilton to an 8th WDC. It will be worth getting banned to see that fallout

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The only solid data point we have is that Vettel is a complete garbage-fire of a driver so if we start with that we can extrapolate that the resurfacing is worth about 2s of lap time and that everyone else is heavily sandbagged

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

I'm sorry about your brain problems OP.

I'm told it's degenerative. I have about 10-20 years 'til I become a Ferrari fan.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

GramCracker posted:

McLaren is taking sandbagging to entirely new levels never seen before.

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/video/RnczZtZTE6OmwJhxOeO8gYd1wBVkmUvY

Blocked for me so here's a streamable: https://streamable.com/38n8j

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Relax it's just a race simulation

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"Nothing we can do to prevent this" Says Only Team To Which This Regularly Happens

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have to give Ferrari due credit for being the first to properly develop Mario-kart power ups. That smoke cloud ought to be pretty useful if they can qualify on the front row

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"I'm not owned!" "I'm not owned!!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and turn into a wheel nut

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

my nokia lumia was the best phone i've ever owned. If it wasn't for the lack of apps I'd have stuck with windows phone

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I need Windows for gaming and Linux for developing. Wake me up when there's an OS that handles both those tasks natively.

Anyone about to suggest that osx fills that gap and is in fact not substandard at both should eat a probation imo.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dubs posted:

Windows

If WSL matures a lot more (i.e. systemd support) I might agree with you. Until then python development in windows is a nightmare

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Schlesische posted:

This is from a while ago, but...

EDIT: Linked the soundtrack...

Can I have this as my gang tag please?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Yeah, nah.

This is legit a good read, if a bit cloak and daggers. It is also a fantastic example of Ferrari Ferrari-ing themselves in spectacular style.

Secret bonus ending: Ferrari orchestrated Schumacher's head injury to prevent any of this coming out in an autobiography.

What strikes me about this is that, had Hamilton not ruined everything by being faster than people expected, Alonso would have won the wdc in 2007 and Ron Dennis would be a genius, montezemelo would have been crucified (earlier than he ended up being anyway) and ferrari would have been an even bigger joke than they currently are.

So Hamilton is the reason people think it's ok to support Ferrari still.

Not sure how I feel about that.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hamilton should drive for Ferrari

I know you hate him but you're taking it a little far there.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

In that timeline Ferrari would have been able to drop Raikkonen though, instead of keeping him around because he accidentally won the drivers' championship

Drop him for who though? They'd never have gotten Alonso.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

My favorite Ferrari story is the 637. I read how Old man Enzo fired up that car engine with the FIA people at Maranello. What a bad rear end.

Anyone know other Ferrari stories?

Once upon a time there was a F1 team who clung to their reputation of "most successful" despite being relatively poo poo considering the length of time they've been in F1 and the resources they have to devote to it, not to mention significant cheating capabilities.

One day they got in a hissy fit over prize money and left the sport never to be heard of again.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mercedes would leave with Ferrari. Enjoy formula 1 headlined by Mclaren and Red Bull

If Ferrari leave F1 it might kill F1. It will definitely kill Ferrari though. I'm happy to watch formula X or whatever rises from the ashes while the tifosi are reduced to supporting a watch maker

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ron DID get one up though. He got Alonso for less money than he'd have had to pay kimi and Ferrari got loving Raikkonen and lost Schumacher. Any sane person would say that Dennis played a blinder there. Noone could have predicted 2007

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari won the title while Mclaren imploded and got caught stealing other team data?

That was exactly my point. Only a moron would predict Ferrari winning anything.

And if Alonso was winning the wdc he wouldn't have dobbed Ron in for cheating

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

They could always ask Mercedes for an engine and rebrand it Aston Martin ?

Mercedes are never going to supply red bull while they suspect the red bull chassis is better than theirs

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Very cool and good

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

McLaren signed a flip-flop manufacturer as a sponsor and put their logo on the halo.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/974620540622262272

gently caress you if you don't love McLaren.

Not a woman's thong supplier? It's political correctness gone MAD! First the grid girls now this

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

To me it's funny that the liberty video had a clip of the Piquet-Salazar thing because 80% of the sport would endlessly cry about a driver who even tried doing something like that today if they weren't British.

Are you suggesting that drivers punching people is a good thing? It's really not and Piquet Sr is and always has been a diaper-pooping baby.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I’m not sure what the problem with Britain is

Its jealousy. A lot of the detractors come from countries where they would kill for something as delicious as horse meat.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Haha haha oh man. Fernandos face is one of a man that knows he could have retired last year.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lewis has said that red is his favourite colour. I fully expect social media to be awash in a few hours with people condemning him for siding with communism in these times of hightened political tensions with the east

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is there anything Our Rossie can't do? Greatest driver or greatest driver of all time?

Rosberg is now firmly up there with other greats like Johnny Herbert, Mark Webber and most recently, Joylon Palmer! Clearly they don't let just anyone be a pundit.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Logos and themes are for people who give a poo poo about pre- and post-race. And while F1 is on sky noone should care about either of those things. Tune in for the warmup lap and turn the race off at the chequered flag.

"Oh but you might miss Nelson Piquet or someone equally tedious on the podium throwing softball questions!"

I'll probably live.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Got home and had a chance to listen to the new F1 theme. What are you guys whining about? It's not a masterpiece but it's better than the old one and holy poo poo I would listen to it all day every day on repeat if it meant never having to hear "jussstt driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivee" ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Erm. Juuuuuussst Driiiiiiive is Sky’s theme not Liberty’s.

Yes, so why are people complaining about the new theme when that is the benchmark