Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Predictions:

Ferrari will blow it in an embarassing way
Renault will challenge Red Bull for 3rd in the points standings because the Red Bull drivers start fighting each other
There will only be 7 races where both Mclarens finish
Lance stroll podiums again
Everybody forgets Magnussen exists again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tsaedje posted:

They still have fan boost as well. What a loving joke series. Daniel Abt literally won a race :lol:

E: Michelin man involved in podium celebrations

I'd take the Michelin man over Eddie Jordan.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

What exactly is the point of the superhard tires? Did anybody even use hard tires once during the 2017 season? IIRC they only brought hard tires to one race, and even then people are going to opt for the 2 softer compounds instead.

I guess you use a couple of them during practice and qualifying but jeeze.

All the tires are a step softer. It could introduce a little more strategy for the mid field. You could see Mercedes and Red Bull starting on superhard, mid-tier teams like Ferrari and Renault starting on hards to get a little speed advantage, and backmarkers like McLaren and Williams starting on Mediums to try to stay on camera for the first 15 laps and maybe get a title sponsor next season.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like there's a ghost post, not even page 24 and you fuckos broke the thread already.

e: Nevermind, looks like i fixed it, you're welcome.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I want to rebuild my laptop because at this point the thermal grease is like 6 years old and the way the machine flexes a bunch of it has probably squeezed out or dried up or something.

It would also be cool to put an SSD in it, but i don't know if an msata SSD would work in it and i don't think it even has Sata 3

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

i have a ipad 2

Psh, i have an ipad

no number, just ipad. A big thick old bitch.

poo poo's so old the pirates don't even support it anymore.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Apple should sponsor McLaren

iMcLaren

Imagine the synergy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Microsoft's biggest fuckup was always trying to tie the mobile platform back to windows and marry the two. Windows has really turned to poo poo cause of that.

They just tried too early.

Imagine being able to run any regular windows program on your phone as long as it had the power.

The snapdragon 845 has to be at least as powerful as mid range laptop at this point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Windows 10 when it came out was like McLaren Honda. It just didn't work and everybody was disappointed. Windows 10 now is like McLaren Renault. It seems to be working okay, but will it work tomorrow? who knows.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

IIRC Ubuntu were pushing towards this at one point and it looked rad as hell in concept. I think they quietly killed it off recently.

Probably because PC is never ditching X86-64 and Phones are never ditching ARM.

What would be rad is if someone took a bunch of them snapdragons and put like 30 on a board like a super old school computer and made them all run together and poo poo.

Theophany posted:

Which is a dumb distinction people make because you never 'own' software, just a license to use it. SaaS is a good model because it encourages the developers to continually add new features and update their software rather than arbitrarily killing it for a new release that customers have to pay for.

I swear blind the most valid argument against SaaS is it's more difficult to pirate it. But of course, nobody ever admits that.

The most valid argument against SaaS is when that software is required to make hardware work, meaning unless you pay a license fee, your hardware is useless. It becomes an even bigger issue when said hardware is a John Deere or a Chevrolet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xykkkd/why-american-farmers-are-hacking-their-tractors-with-ukrainian-firmware

This is the end game where capitalism and SaaS cross piss streams.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

SaaS is just one arm of a long and inexorable process where consumers are turned from people who own things into people who rent things are owned by things.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just figured out Marcus Ericsson and Kevin Magnussen are two different people.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Everything is trying to break itself down to a monthly fee.

Motherfuckers want to call dibs on every single one of your cents for before you've earned it, and i ain't fuckin havin it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On one hand,

On the other hand,

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

track day bro! posted:

Keven is the one who owns because he said suck my balls and the other one is just, there I guess.

Okay smart guy, point out which one is which

They're both Stoffel VanDoorne

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just let Ferrari quit and paint the Alfa-Saubers red. Problem solved.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I still use gimp and openoffice, idgaf

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

I love Office 365.

Ban this filth.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jfl21c4Ek

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

Liberty once again gently caress F1 in the rear end.

Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HaUZ-MWppQ

The prosecution calls wicka to the stand.

That sucks. They really should have just stuck with this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97jfl21c4Ek

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Can we get the Ferrari logo changed please? This horse has nothing to do with the brand.

Here's my attempt at a mock-up that better exemplifies what they're about.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Welcome back. Its a shame that mercedes are cheaters and formula 1 is dead.

Also Maurizio should have beat that whiny bitch Horner in the press conference. Scuderia Ferrari can do whatever the gently caress they want IMO

Except win, i guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferrari is probably just treading water and stockpiling cash to make a serious run at a dynasty once Mick Gina-Maria learns how to drive.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At some point this season, grid place penalties could put one of the Haas garbagemen on the podium.

Scary thought.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And here is MY F1 theme set to incredible moments in F1 history.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5ab70b87a3d6f-alonso-should-surrender.php

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Imagine if all 20 cars finish the first race of the season :haw:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:siren: on-track pass for position :siren:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well at least we know who my curse will apply to this season. Alonso is off the hook.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alonso sounds like a man about to retire from F1.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Man, RIP Force India.

They were almost up there with RB last year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Ferrari swapping their drivers around again, bloody frauds

They were probably expecting the Haas's to get out in front of Kimi.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Aww drat. At least it gave me some hope there will be a different #3 constructor this year.

There will be

Ferrari

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh snap.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferrari hit the kill switch in the Haas to get Vettel a VSC pit stop.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tuo posted:

Standing restart?

Only after red flag.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Who’s the next retirement then

Definitely not Alonso, he finally has a solid car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tuo posted:

What did Ham just radio? It's ad break here :/

"can i push yet" "you know how much you want it" "i'm going for it"

and then he locked up and missed a corner.