Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Current F1 status: snow day.

I find it extremely funny that bottas is staying in a bus on the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Tyres have no grip on the cold tack so it’s not sandbagging, they really can’t go fast enough to set decent times. Normally what they would do is push very hard on certain corners or straights and then back off hard so the sector times show as slow. Data they are gathering will be near enough useless, but at least it will be useless for everyone.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
At some point one man in a very expensive suit is going to turn to another man in a very expensive suit and say: “Ok, at what point does this stop being about dealing with the legacy of Ron, and start being about the reality of Zac?”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The motoGP thread is in cycle asylum and wirth seems to be surviving well in it without being eaten by the locals. Looks like a nice thread with statistics and mocking and memes and stuff.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
*mutters something about how clearly no one can stop you posting about motoGP in the F1 thread, but why would you want to when there is an active motoGP thread to do it in*

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you could sell the canopy to literally everyone by making it do the “pshhh” Star Trek door noise when it opens.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They may also have to edit out the parts where people get hurt as well.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I unironically want Mclaren to win. Unless my child does not get on one of their partner programs in which case naturally I will be unironically damning them to the very depths of hell and blaming Zac Brown personally.

(Got a mail saying offer letters were being delayed by sno, so she’s not been rejected yet, which I’m guessing is the universe building up to a really big gently caress you at the end of the month)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Human Grand Prix posted:

On the other hand, your child should learn that life is series of disappointments.

Little disappointments yes, except this would be such a deathly serious and monumental life changing thing that we are going with “it was a one in 4000 shot but if you had not tried you would have had no chance and always wondered “what if””

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Checks out.

My actually serious thing is horticulture and one of the big celebrities in that world is Nigel the dog. He has a best selling book and everything.

E: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_(dog)

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 2, 2018

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol, the engine notes coming out of those red bulls indicated that, although clearly they had one of the better chassis, there is no way in hell they are finishing ahead of Renault’s works team.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m not, although it was touch and go for a while with a grid that contained both Kvyat and maldonado.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Dinosaurs! posted:

I mean what's the point in enjoying a sport if there isn't cheating drama?

I liked the part where a four time world champion was revealed to be a fraud, twice.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Kimi’s race engineer has left to go to manor endurance racing btw.

It’s a bit weak if he’s the sacrificial lamb for last year “I’m sorry but you should have warned Kimi that Seb would come up the inside like a lunatic and take the pair of them out”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://twitter.com/F1/status/969855816344813568?s=20

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh hey they stopped making them wear the utterly ridiculous red trousers this year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It was a windshield and it got shitcanned because Vettel said it made him feel sick, and then got implemented in indicar anyway which is yet further proof of what a loving colossal fraud he is.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The problem is that Mercedes are saying they would join Ferrari in petulance quitting which is new, and would leave F1 with Renault and Honda suddenly having to supply a load more teams, which given they can’t currently supply works teams with non-exploding engines leaves the sport pretty much hosed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think when McLaren and Force India work out how to manafacture their own engines then yes they will have an equal say. Until then people like Christian Horner can posture and be placated by liberty as much as they like the works teams still have them by the balls.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
1500quid my friend, this a bit awkward, do you simply not get that it’s the French and Icelanders who genuinely eat horses and Ikea is Swedish? The horsemeat thing was a pan-European problem and it originated from Ireland.

It’s not even remotely annoying to the British when you post about boiled horse-meat because it’s simply not a national stereotype and never has been. The British also don’t boil their meat, that too is the Irish and french. Sorry.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I thought it was vegetables, Brussel sprouts in particular, that were boiled for three days and then served with a nasty fatty slice of grilled lamb?

Alternatively, frozen pizza.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Google Regent’s Canal restaurants and stick with them. Everything else in London is pot luck if it’s a chain pub, terrible “celebrity chef” chain restaurant, or is run by hipsters.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
She got in.

My 14 year old daughter got into the McLaren partnered engineering school.

Crying.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Thanks everyone :)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I fear for sending LC's daughter to the crime and trash infested hellhole of Woking.

There is a new Mclaren technology centre in the good and correct North of England that isn’t designed for an OCD Bond villain. Thankfully.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ilmucche posted:

"Ha'way lass, that's engine's proper like"?
or more
"Alonso's not home, let's steal his tv"

Naw, it’s al’ reyt love it int in Manc land.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/video-50-million-mclaren-factory-on-outskirts-of-sheffield-moves-step-closer-1-8962379

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Edward Mass posted:

Is there going to be another season of predicting Grand Prix results? I came in third last year.

Good point. Last year’s league is still valid for this year and has 50 members . link to join is

https://gppredictor.com/leagues/join/58d2cc69837ee9a30306b750

Can we get this in the OP please?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The chuffing god awful music on those videos is making them unwatchable. :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

That, was very very deliberate. They were all far too calm and happy for that not to have been.

Deliberately blowing something so they could see what happens to the chassis maybe?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
:lol:

There is literally no difference between the Lewis Hamilton monster drink and “the doctor” monster drink and if anyone says otherwise they are fooling themselves.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Apologies.

There is no difference between the Lewis Hamilton monster energy drink and that medicine you used to get for ear infections as children.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That seemed a bit needlessly cruel and harsh there.

Waffles is clearly going to be taken out by a sauber, and fernando will end up doing a blistering start only to have his tyre slashed by a red bull and then end up battling back up to a valiant 8th.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Again I have to stop watching a liberty video because the music on it is LOUD and complete shite.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They should have hired big bobby k and this is a punishment from God.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The US style intro was the greatest thing Liberty have ever done, and it’s going to be even more awesome than the room of awkwardness when they are forced to do it in front of those really empty stands in Russia and China.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have been exclusively posting in the worst thread using safari on an iPad/iPad mini/iPhone from my living room for the last 3 years.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
And your bonus for 50 points: name both Sauber Drivers, both Williams drivers and one Toro Rosso driver.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You could just post “gently caress off horner” every day and it would be relevant for some reason.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Did you all think that the hype energy logo on the Force India was some form of coolant or oil? because I just found out that it isn’t.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why would we need extra eye candy when we have Nando, Sainz, and Arrivabene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reminder that https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com still exists, and they live stream everything for free https://m.youtube.com/user/gt1world I like the part where Bentley cant stop hiring rookies and sticking them in the biggest car in the field and that bit where Giancarlo Fisichella suddenly appears in a Ferrari and makes everyone look like an idiot.

Wiki is a complete mess but here is the best team: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/team/318/kaspersky-motorsport