Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lmao nice knowing you Human Grand Prix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

That sound you hear is poty accelerating to just under light speed towards his keyboard to post about EU single market tarrifs.

And good on him. He's the only sane poster in this thread imo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

The only people pro brexit are racists, morons and disaster capitalists. Tony Blair for all his many faults is firmly against (every living prime minister except May is firmly against)

Also made a loving bike thread you knobs

Just lol if you think any of the Tory cabinet have the testicular (or otherwise) fortitude to have actual conviction in the garbage opinions they involuntarily blurt out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > Formula 1 2018: MotoGP 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I met the Icelandic 1500quid last night. He was talking my ear off in the bar about how much he loves Gardener's World on the BBC.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks OP, gonna crank one out to that now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Silent Envious Drongo would be a good username for some of our Bogan correspondents.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s what Mark Webbah should have called his book

Lmbo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

That is a hell of a pic

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

freeranger posted:

Couldn't figure out the tweet embed because I'm a numpty so here have a pic.

Just paste the URL of the tweet and the forum should automatically parse it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Goddamn that McLaren paint job is :ck5:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

McLaren is the worst run automotive company since the Delorean Motor Company. I'm convinced the Honda engine is perfectly fine and McLaren are both mentally and physically incapable of conceiving how to install an engine in a car properly.

Counterpoint: McLaren run by John Z Delorean instead of Zak Brown would be loving epic.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
A very thoughtful and well-articulated take for you guys: American's are ruining F1.

Exhibit A: Liberty ruining F1.

Exhibit B: Zak Brown ruining McLaren.

Exhibit C: Haas.

The prosecution rests, your honor.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

American's what?

Look you either get good posts or good grammer and spelling, not both.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

pik_d posted:

And yet you still found a third option.

I am just that kind of special

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've been looking more closely at the halo and it seems a bit of a missed opportunity for teams like McLaren especially. It looks to be forward of the centre of balance whereas, had it been fixed further back, it would have made an ideal, quick access, anchor point for craning stricken cars of the track more quickly and so safely.

Is there any scope for the cars to run without the halos? Like physically, structurally? Would it just take a few little cover panels to mask the fixing points off and do they hold these in case? And is there that flexibility in the rules to allow for such at any given grand prix, like maybe they turn up to Spa and the halo's effects on visibility are deemed unsafe, can the teams agree and all just unbolt them and run anyway?

Delet this

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Gigi Galli posted:

It's not a stereotype, it's just actually true.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

I'll pick a different part of London, because the local pub there also denied us service because we were "loving Germans, get out of my pub, you Nazis". Good times.

:britain:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

She got in.

My 14 year old daughter got into the McLaren partnered engineering school.

Crying.

I hope the open mind of a child can save McLaren because whoever they have right now that is experienced is loving their poo poo up so badly.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Has anyone said shitlaren yet this season?

Nice av you got there.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Just lol at all you idiots who don't think this is all part of McLaren's elaborate sandbagging theatre. I for one look forward to Fernando Alonso's maiden F1 win for McLaren in Melbourne.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Their excuse is that they don't have Lewis Hamilton, the best driver on the planet, driving their cars.

Second best. Are Stroll is the best.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Imagine having access to their customer sales data. A list of the richest, dumbest fucks on the planet.

Lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
iospace! :toxx: - if Alonso doesn't podium this year I will do a video dramatic reading of a dumbshit post. The post in question should be voted on by worst thread regulars the 2018 F1 season in review and I shall be wearing 2018 McLaren Papaya orange merchandise. Should I fail to fulfil this, ban me.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 7, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

You should read my season review.

If you write it, I'll read the poo poo out of it. :buddy:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

The only solid data point we have is that Vettel is a complete garbage-fire of a driver so if we start with that we can extrapolate that the resurfacing is worth about 2s of lap time and that everyone else is heavily sandbagged

BBC F1 reporting returns to form.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Also Ferrari still don't have to pretend to comply with the regulations. By Australia they will have removed hundreds of flagrantly cheaty parts, they will be left with only those which are not so obvious.

Rules are for new money. Heritage teams make their own rules and get baller money for it too.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

No. No, no, no. The original was the best, and the 2nd one was the next best one, because it had the dark Biff future in it. Also hoverboards. The cowboy one was the worst one. But still pretty good.

The Biff future is a little too close to our current reality.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Toro Rosso is going to finish dead last in every race and get relegated to NASCAR.

Honda got their poo poo together like a year ago but they were so done with McLaren's public humiliation routine that they reached out to Red Bull, who'd had their own issues with Renault, equally publicly. Around the time of pre-season testing last year, backroom deals were done and Honda and Red Bull management reached a loose agreement that Honda would continue to develop their engine, but not provide those improvements to McLaren. This way they could sour the relationship even further and McLaren would be unable to de-escalate from the rhetoric they'd been using.

Cue Red Bull 'reluctantly' offering Toro Rosso as a sacrificial lamb, knowing full-well that Honda had made leaps and bounds in the development of their engine. Red Bull got to fire a warning shot over the boughs of Renault and get a test bed for an engine that showed promise and was a viable parachute if Toro Rosso had a strong 2018 campaign that would also allow them to return to works team status.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Sir Arby's has many meats but we do not sell lamb

This is what you get when you ban 'SchumacherFerrariFan82' from the motorsport.com comments section.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Toro Rosso is P3, check out this extremely correct prediction from legendary F1 genius poty

Where's Kvyat on the timing sheets?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

Ferrari is obviously cheating as they are burning oil in plain sight (all of the Ferrari engines). They even illuminate the oil burning with the rear light. Fraud team imo.

loving Germans, get out of my pub, you Nazis

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

Not sure where to put F1-Glock

Just ahead of Hamilton...wait

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
So where do you lads think Ferrari will piss away any hope of the championship this year? I'm thinking they'll probably hold on to the battle longer, but there's every possibility they could do it by Q2 at Melbourne.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Raikkonen's problem is that he will be told, in no uncertain terms, to get the gently caress out of Vettel's way if somehow he finds himself in front. He's less of a second driver and more of a Ferrari pensioner.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11281170/classic-f1-vote-to-select-the-first-classic-race-of-2018-on-sky-sports-f1

quote:

Sky Sports F1 are giving the viewers the chance to pick the first classic race to be screened in 2018.

There are 10 races to chose from with the theme being McLaren world champions as it is 30 years since Ayrton Senna's first title, 20 years since Mika Hakkinen's first title and 10 years since Lewis Hamilton's first title.

I'm extremely disappointed Spa '98 isn't one of the choices. It's very fitting for McLaren right now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Norbert Haug's reaction is :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o02s_g5AUUE

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Nill posted:

Liberty should keep this on hand for the in-race graphics package.

I'd actually like to watch some of the race though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

I know we all love spa 98, but I honestly have no idea what happened after the crash. How many drivers made the restart? When did they do the second start? Who won?

Damon Hill, Jordan 1, 2 iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:five: