Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's interesting that, other than a little light bits falling off, no-one is actually having any trouble during this testing.

Is it because of the cold or are cars just even more reliable this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Gigi Galli posted:

British people eat literal boiled garbage and their own diarrhea and this is canon.

It's my avatar's time to shine!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ocon goes quicker than last year's pole position.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/live-follow-barcelona-f1-testing-as-it-happens-1012142/

Ocon lost that lap for track limits but Hamilton is down to a near identical one.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

What about a smell of burning carbon?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vettel 2 seconds under the lap record, the "Totally not just a grey Ferrari" 2nd on super softs...

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Oh it's all bacon, and the resurfacing is apparently worth "At least" a second a lap but still, give me this for another week or two until Hamilton stomps everyone in Australia.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

GramCracker posted:

McLaren is taking sandbagging to entirely new levels never seen before.

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/video/RnczZtZTE6OmwJhxOeO8gYd1wBVkmUvY

The first time I've noticed the tiny little Renault logo.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

Formula ford, but all the cars are mazdas

This might be the nerdiest reference I've ever made in this thread but...

The rules allowed you to base the engine on any car in your range, rather than just the actual car you used. Ford used the engine from the Probe, which was just a rebadged Mazda MX6.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They've been re-watching Star Trek Next Generation again haven't they?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

They should hire Ducati to make their engines.

Not sure Audi would be super happy about that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Thanks Ants posted:

Still pissing myself over the Billy Monger legs joke, I am a bad person

I tried to think of a better one but I was stumped.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

learnincurve posted:

Awww Are Billy is being sponsored by Max Chilton’s dad.

He part owns Carlin from the days it was the only way to get Max a ride.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

gret posted:

ARE Lando and ARE George lock out the front row in GP2 qualifying. :britain:

On his debut, for a team that wasn't in the series last year.

Boy's good.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

DoctorGonzo posted:

Seb was blocked by the farce bindia

More like Force Blind-ia.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't know if it's even possible to judge Williams pace. They might actually have the two worst drivers on the grid.

I think it's pretty obvious they're not in great shape either way, but they certainly don't have the drivers that can drive round the problems with the car in any fashion.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Steamed Hams?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wirth1000 posted:

No. gently caress that. 23 years old. Firm limit. The other requirements can stay but the 23 year old minimum with no exceptions.

Lance Stroll is 19. Max Verstappen is 20.

Same with Leclerc. These kids need to spend more time developing their racecraft. This is insanity.

What does a LeClerc do though? He's won the 2nd highest series there is and because of the rules of that series is now banned from driving in it.

Where's he going to develop that racecraft?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wirth1000 posted:

Liberty wouldn't do this because instead of a simple tweet they'd do something extremely retarded like project a massive shadow of a CGI eagle on track during a live grand prix. But that only happens in the dumbest timeline where Trump is President so I think we're safe.

Sorry we lost Susie Woof.
Oh no wait, there she is.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

No just a 25 year old piece of poo poo. This is not me signing my posts or my post history. Also my monitor is on.

Nice Meltdown.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Only 2 years.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

For a while the default "worst driver to win a GP" was Sandro Nannini and those scrubs can gently caress off because Nannini was awesome.

Sandro wasn't even the worst driver to win a grand prix in 1989.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

I assume you are talking about Boutsen here. You would be correct.

I am.

I am.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Theophany posted:

Uprated fuel limit, changes to driver weights and biometric gloves being proposed. Apparently upping fuel allowance from 105kg to 110kg means the cars can use their engines at full chat for an entire race distance. MGU-Hs to be removed from 2021 as part of the proposals.

They won't of course because they could allow them to put 1000kg in but if they think there's going to be a safety car and they'll need 95kg to finish the race, that's what they'll put in.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Williams copying Ferrari’s strategy without realizing no one will care if they leave

At this point Williams are Brabham circa about 1990. It's taken them longer and they haven't had the fun owner turnover but they're on the same path.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

DoctorGonzo posted:

Stroll was a member of Scuderia Ferrari Drivers Academy? Maybe he...is rich?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I own a Fiesta.

It has heated seats in winter and aircon in Summer.

Well I guess technically it has both items all year round.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Why does half the internet think moving twice is now legal, that wasn't the rule they changed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

BubbaGrace posted:

I'd love to see Rossi in the Haas. He didn't exactly impress during his short stint with Manor, but who would have running a year old car with duct taped on upgrades to bring it up to regulations. You would think after he has done nothing but impress in Indycar someone would give him another shot... like a team who would gain a lot of fans from it's home country. I have heard a few things about his attitude, but we are talking about Formula 1, where petulance is the star of the show with the racing taking second.

Although why would Rossi want that gig?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

EoRaptor posted:

Having pissed on Renaults croissants quite a bit, Red Bull may have little choice in engine suppliers for 2019/2020.

If they get there before May 15th doesn't Renault have to supply them.

Or rather, Renault has to supply up to 3 teams if asked and 3 is what they have unless they sign another non-RB team.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's 2018 and you still can't officially stream Motors TV.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

geonetix posted:

Isn't jackie chan still lmp2? You could cheer on both!

Yep, and with 4 cars at LeMans once they bring over the two OAK Racing ran Ligiers from the Asian series to join the 2 JOTA ran Orecas they run in WEC.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Wiltsghost posted:

Some great cars here. What car is this at 1:25?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2c8bi_hrHI

I think that's the Mercedes F1 W04, immediately followed by the 07.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Doc Morbid posted:

Cancel F1 and make F2 the top level of motorsport

They tried that. Ferrari dominated and no-one wants that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

mrfart posted:

Thanks, It doesn't work in the app, I guess that's my excuse.

I'm not even in the top 30.
Better start a barrage of 'nice meltdown' posts.

Nice meltdown.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Carth Dookie posted:

:rip: Vandoorne. How is Lafiti as a driver? I'm guessing by the size of the bribe, not very good.

His record in F2 is considerably worse than say, Sirotkin. He's in his fifth year and he's won 1 race. From a reverse grid awarded pole. At Silverstone.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sulphagnist posted:

But if you're that big of a binman you can't actually get the licence to drive in Formula 1, right? Or can you use brown envelopes to deal with that problem as well?

Supposedly you can't. But no-one's actually tested that yet.

EDIT : Actually, he was 5th last year, if he somehow repeats that this year he'll actually have enough points.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Latifi is not racing for McLaren.

He's barely racing for DAMS.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

McLaren's great white hope "Big Nick" Latifi will start *checks notes* 20th and last for the F2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is the best latter-day (post-Bad) MJ track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUINfx2XbY

A good opinion? In MY thread?