Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heineken is a middle of the road cheap beer in Holland, but somehow people abroad pay out of the rear end for it and think it's cool. lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khablam posted:

Got mine cheap at lidl

That's the way to do it.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The commercials on German TV are so white lol. White people buying landmowers. White people drinking beer. White people getting loans. White people buying industrial grade high pressure water guns.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Definite evidence that the word hipster has finally lost all meaning.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every time I watch a race this happens and it's boring as hell. Nice "sport".

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I vote Verstappen.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
what is even a chequered flag?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't understand how that happens, surely someone told her to wave the flag?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max for teh freaking win

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

the guardian posted:

Mercedes’ F1 channelling of Chairman Mao makes Lewis Hamilton proud

Briton lifts the lid on problem solving: ‘We have all sat down and every person has been critical of themselves, including me’

Giles Richards

Published:23:53 Mon 25 June 2018

Hamilton takes a leaf out of Mao’s book

After a poor performance in Canada Mercedes struck back strongly in France and before the race Lewis Hamilton revealed the methodology behind the improvement. “We as a team have all sat down and each and every person has been critical of themselves, including me,” he said. “When they have their big meetings back at the factory they are very, very openly critical. The cool thing is when you come out of those meetings everyone acknowledges: ‘You know what, there are things I can do better, now I will do better rather than making excuses.’” If this sounds familiar, mandatory self-criticism was a central tenet of Maoist political doctrine and used extensively under The Chairman. Whether the great leap forward for Mercedes was down to the engineers and indeed drivers acknowledging their ideological errors to one another – and what one might now refer to as the party hierarchy in Brackley – or just the upgraded-spec engine may become clearer in Austria and Silverstone.

lol?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol are max will absolutely dominate this "sport" for decades to come

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The orange dawn is nigh. The age of are Max has begun.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah bitch, time to add the next line

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf is wrong with you people

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max is going to dominate this sport, is going to own it. You all know it. The Dutch are coming my friends, and we're taking over this sport.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love max

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max is the best

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine putting effort into posting about the fail circus that is F1 lmao (except for max)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khablam posted:

He clearly has something to lose you insufferable half wit, as evidenced IN THE SAME GODDAMN loving RACE where he gets so worked up by the loss he tries to start a fight.

how do you loving amoeba even get out of bed in the morning? what the gently caress is any of this anymore you cant literally believe any of this why are you posting the same poo poo ??????

His overtake on Vettel was loving inspired and he had "as much to lose" as anyone else because in reality the WDC and WCC are already decided.
Jesus loving RETARDED CHRIST you're witnessing the rise of one of the F1 all-time greats and you're just poo poo posting nonsense.
Mexico is where all of you needed to just shut the gently caress up forever, it was after the race when I realized how special and impressive this win really was and probably one of his best….so far.

He dominated the Mexican Grand Prix weekend right from the word ‘go’ by putting his car on the top spot during FP1, FP2 and FP3. Would he really go for his first pole position and by doing so being the youngest ever to do so? All looked very good until Q3 and the second try. Nobody, except Ricciardo, could improve on the second attempt, beating Max by 0.0026 sec. for pole. And while Dan rubbed the tinest loving victory in F1 history in Maxs' face, his teammate was angry, not to say the least very angry. FIA’s number 2 board was the first victim of his rage, when he knocked it over in a more convincing style than bottas previously.

What was the reason for his anger? Was it the fact that his soon to leave teammate took the pole away at the very last moment? No, not according to Max, RBR and common sense. It was the Renault-engine who prevented his long awaited first pole. The same troubles as in FP2 came back in qualifying, especially in that last attempt in Q3. It was probably his last attempt to take the record of ‘youngest pole-sitter’ away from Vettel. He can still do it in Abu Dhabi. but not likely at that circuit. On friday evening before the race he stated in an interview that getting the pole was not that important, second spot would be better. And that’s what he got. But still, the disappointment of missing this historic pole was well written all over his face during the press conference after qualifying. Max was mad!

On monday-evening Jos Verstappen was interviewed and Jos, who was at home and not on the track, had to calm his son down before he was going to sleep. But arriving at the track on sunday morning Max was still angry, slept only for about two to three hours, and had only one goal: to win the race no matter what! Just before the start of the Grand Prix, Max was interviewed and he was still angry but very determined. Asked if he would let the Mercedes by at the start his short answer was very clear: “Let by? No way!”. The big fear was: what will a angry Max do at the start? Nervousness got hold on F1. This thread assumed the worst, but of course instead we got a masterclass in level headed driving.

The start was very clean. While Ricciardo opened his bogan rear end in a top hat and poo poo the bed, Max got away really well, with Sham-man close behind, attacking Max for the important first corner after the very long straight. But Max choose to break very late and Lewis backed down, thinking about his precious 5th worldtitle. From that moment on Mexico was indeed for Max. A very controlled drive, never any threat from anyone, masterfully anticipating on whatever laptimes the others brought on the screen and keeping his tyres in the best shape possible, awarded him, after a two-stop strategy, the well deserved win. The second in a row at Mexico. Only 4 drivers ended the race in the same lap as Max, with Lewis being very lucky to escape to be lapped by Max. His 5th win, the first without his father by his side, was a race with a mission: winning it! Before Dan had any issues, Max was able to pit and get out, still ahead. That's a clear measure of how dominan the was that weekend.

Martin Brundle said it best ‘that he just destroyed Mercedes and Ferrari on his own." And that he did! Give Max Verstappen the right package and he will be the most toughest force to be reckoned with on the grid. What happened this week? He did the same. He made every other top driver look like his second best.
I wish I could be talking about back-to-back wins where Max takes the 3rd best car and just loving humiliates everyone with it, but NOO some back marking loving nobody without a drive decided he had one last chance for fame.

And this thread just shits on max, shits on me for defending him, and shits on itself and becomes a less relevant discussion thread every day.

I do wonder when you'll all flip. Know that I am watching and taking notes.

lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

:love: :neckbeard:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
max is going to win everything and shatter literally every F1 record lmao it owns

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tsaedje posted:

He hasn't even managed a single pole position

I know, and still he won those races. Amazing.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lou Takki posted:

I'm convinced this entire thread exists to troll Khablam because everything he says makes perfect sense to me. If it had been are Dan in the lead who had been taken out by Ocon I have to doubt the entire thread would be calling for Ocon's immediate execution.

That said, pushing Ocon around after the race isn't classy at all and I hope he learns from that.

lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
max is going to be the top 1 driver

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Norns posted:

Hi guys just wanted to pop in and let y'all know Max Verstappen is very bad and if you are a Stan for him you have brain damaged

Max is good actually

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khablam posted:

This is what the pond scum like you don't understand. I am above your loving surface level understanding and meme-opportunity seeking behaviour.

watch out folks, we're dealing with a galaxy brain here

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

marshalljim posted:

Does Max even HAVE friends? Doubtful.

I'm his friend

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
max: hot girlfriend, rich, doing what he loves, insanely talented and going to win everything.

his dectractors itt: fat, ugly, computer touchers, cant make it through no fap november because they never have sex.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know the difference between the "teams" ( F1 is not a sport) so idgaf where max goes. He will rule all.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
This thread is bad but Max is good. Also this thread shouldn't be in the sports forum because F1 is not a sport.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max is going to dominate F1 for decades to come ops.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stink hits darts grand slam as match features flatulent end

Gary Anderson and Wesley Harms both deny responsibility for ‘rotten’ fart smell during Wolverhampton tournament.

Gary Anderson of Scotland and the Dutchman Wesley Harms blamed each other for “rotten” farts during their clash in the Grand Slam of Darts.

Anderson, who has twice been the world champion, won the match 10-2 to earn a place in the quarter-finals of the competition. But in a post-match interview Harms said his poor form was due to Anderson breaking wind on stage and leaving a “fragrant smell”.

He went further while speaking to Dutch TV station RTL7L: “It’ll take me two nights to lose this smell from my nose.”

When Anderson in turn laid the blame at Harms’s door, the Dutchman responded: “If the boy [Anderson] thinks I’ve farted he’s 1010% wrong. I swear on my children’s lives that it was not my fault. I had a bad stomach once on stage before and admitted it. So I’m not going to lie about farting on stage.”

Anderson, the world No 4, hit back with extraordinary detail about the smell he blamed on Harms. “It definitely came from table-side and it was eggs, rotten eggs, but not from me. Every time I walked past there was a waft of rotten eggs so that’s why I was thinking it was him. It definitely wasn’t me.

“It was bad. It was a stink, then he started to play better and I thought he must have needed to get some wind out. If somebody has done that they need to see a doctor. Seemingly he says it was me but I would admit it.”

Anderson has admitted to farting on stage in the past, though was clear that he has “never used it as an advantage”.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Darts is more of a sport than F1 is, but just barely

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't own a car, but I know max is the best.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max Verstappen is going to own all.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
will Smith in tyool 2018 lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
all right champ here we go :clint:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
MAX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khablam posted:

They need ways to flip the drat cars quicker.

Nice AV op