Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Bold Prediction: Both McLarens will be in the points in Melbourne

Keep going op! :flashfap:

Bold Prediction Both McLaren's will qualify top 8, with Alonso being maybe 4th or 5th. And I lose my poo poo, like that time Webber put his Jaguar on the front row at Sepang in 2004!

Now there was a good Aussie lad! Just like our Dan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Bold prediction: I will poop and pee my pants haha

But seriously my prediction is that I will fall asleep trying to watch most of the races haha.

Same, but that's because they are apparently pushing the race start times back an hour so races generally wont start here until 11pm.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Welp im going to meet the ex today, Im a loving idiot.

I know you said this was called off, but seriously....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utbeH4ivHis

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That was my first ever time seeing an F1 race live.

Sat next to a drunken Dutch fan that loved Jos Verstappen and was pissed off that Frentzin had taken his ride at Arrows. So he spent 3 days flipping off the Arrows cars each time they drove past.

Good times.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Espace stands for all the Extra Space we're gonna need on the McLaren hype train here in a few weeks

Choo Choo Bitches! I'm riding this baby all the way!

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 6, 2018

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Couldn't figure out the tweet embed because I'm a numpty so here have a pic.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think Ferrari would actually leave and start their own series if Liberty actually takes their payments away

So it would end up being like all the other failed series like A1GP?

Call their bluff, what other series has Ferrari consistently in the top teams and the crazy fan base that F1 has?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

In all seriousness I'd probably watch both series I'm a pretty poor console warrior

That was me during the Champ Car/Indy Car split.

However being that I lived in Aus, I only had access to CC on TV and had to illegally download Indy Car

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well I guess this explains the Ferrari smoke clouds each time.....

The Ferrari garage has belched its daily cloud of smoke into the pit lane. It seems their start up process - and that of customer team Sauber - means a lot of oil is burnt off in the exhaust. The team uses an extractor fan to release that in the pit lane, creating an oily fog a few minutes before the Ferrari itself emerges.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Am I too late for OS chat!?

Windows 10 & Kali Linux for the combo win!

Watch Chat?

Use the clock on my Samsung Galaxy phone!

F1 Chat?

I love McLaren! Alonso is going to go well in Australia and then break his car, thus breaking my heart! Waffles will have an ok race but not stand out.

I hope Ferrari fails miserably! Well, mostly just Vettel, I like Kimi, he is a good lad who just wants to drive fast cars and be left alone.

Oh and serious F1 chat, anyone know why Max didnt do well in testing? Did he just not do much running at all compared to our Dan? I was paying attention to the testing days but don't remember Max doing anything at all.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

All that is true except during Monaco half way thru the race the commentators/announcers will scream "Here comes a new challenger" with flashing graphics showing on the screen as Rosberg's music hits (as mentioned previously in this thread) and he will fly onto the track via an escape road (the same one he used to mind games Lewis) while pumping tehcno/rock music blasts.

Oh god I feel sick just typing that out.....

Edit: Comedy option, he throws a unicycle out of his car at Lewis shocking everyone with his "Heel Turn" on his former best friend.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

A helicopter flys in and drops off a F1 car similar to Forza Horizon 3

Oh god yes! very much that! even more so if they have the on board camera going when it happens like they do sometimes when removing the cars via cranes at Monaco

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well I never expected it to happen, but I saw a can of Lewis Juice in Australia when I went to fill my car up with petrol.

Was tempted to buy it.... not that I am a big energy drink drinker these days.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

I shouldnt have hang around with my ex today. Well the fight was so ugly that i problably wont see her again

Did she mention how terrible Ferrari are going to be this year? She is right you know*.

*Seriously though, it's for the best man. And go get beefy!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Ironically he wouldn't have to because those things are reliable with good performance

Of course it is, it only has one cylinder!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

1500's next hauler.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

Every Australian knows the most cliched song for any sports event is Holy Grail by Hunters & Collectors.

Urgh! God I hate that song!

I miss when the F1 used to be intro'd using Fluke - Absurd in Australia. Can't remember if it was Channel 9 or Ten that used it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAQISes7iXU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm hyped guys!

Less than 30 minutes!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

He looked better with his head shaved anyway.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Argus Zant posted:

i'm finally ready for 2018 Formula 1

i had to skip, like, 40 fuckin' pages of posts in this thread, what the gently caress were y'all talking about

Mostly just Gonzo's relationship dramas, computer operating systems and various people being told to turn their monitor

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ted is losing his mind about it too!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It was Ted, did anyone pick Ted?

Hahahahahaa!

Also loving this onboard close up shots of the carbon fiber halo! You can almost make out the track...

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Has anyone done early analysis on the early 2018 Fraud of the Year (I am NOT a contender for 2018 Fraud of the Year)

It's Ferrari, always ferrari

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

It hasn't failed on the track yet, so it cant be counted as a real failure!

Unlike that Ferrari team!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Force India need to land a lingerie sponsor for their halo.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Well I don't mind the new font or whatever for the on screen displays so far.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Track falling apart!

First red flag of the year

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Red flag over so let's go to an ad break!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So is this the first time I a while where we have gotten thru a Friday without a breakdown?

And of course Stroll just ruined that.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Haas is good this year

Just like Toro Roso, Hass have seemed to be very strong in Australia

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Can someone go check on Gonzo? I'm worried he may have collapsed from joy after fp3

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Woooooooo

Just about to head to the train station to catch the train to the race!

I can't wait to see Ferrari fail live once more. Also going to get me a sweet sweet orange McLaren hat.

Have fun watching the race everyone and may the best team/driver win, that isn't Ferrari/Vettel. Kimi can win, he is still cool in my books.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Home finally.

So halo doesn't look that bad in motion in person, but still look poo poo.

Crowd was sad and in disbelief when both haas retired. Crowd seemed very happy with Alonso.

Thing I noted is the Honda engine actually sounds like the other engines this year. Last few years you could easily tell which car was Honda powered by how sick they sounded.

Boring race, although I was standing just near where the Reanult and Sauners went off track and where Hamilton locked up his tyres when pushing hard on Vettel.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I forgot to mention that on the cool down laps Hamilton just blasted past everyone not waving etc. Made me laugh even though I wanted him to win over Vettel.

How was his petulance on the podium/interviews?

Oh and I also got hit by a chunk of tyre marble during the race, several times in fact. One landed on my arm, was very hot and squishy, but cooled and hardened quite quickly.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ha excellent, was it up to his Monaco effort from a few years ago?

I should just go find the video of it.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Ferrari is definitely not FTW. Our Jense and beautiful Fernando Alonso are.

Lonso & Butts was the best combination!

Also, I missed Gonzos first horrible avatar change. What did I miss?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Same. And I still need to buy some McLaren-Renault Kimoa-Renault gear.

My Alonso Mclaren team hat is awesome! Better than my old West Mclaren Mercedes hat!

Need to get a beanie version of it to replace my West Mclaren Mercedes beanie though.

Also drat you guys are on point with both avatars and comments the past week.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That start from Lando Norris during the F2 race....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

What a great race!

Our Dan gets the win, and a Mclaren passed a Ferrari on track!

Max gets driver of the day for stuffing up trying to pass Hamilton which cost him the win, then his collision with Seb. I was willing Max on to crash into Seb and it happened. Good times!

Also Dan's quote of, Sometimes you just have to lick the stamp and send it, for one of his overtakes. :D